< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Beretta CX4  (Read 1730 times)

Offline deputygunner

• NFOA Full Member
Beretta CX4
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:58:57 PM »
Been looking for a 9mm carbine for awhile. Got it narrowed down to either a Beretta CX4 or a Just Right Carbine. Saw in the current Cableas ad that the CX4 are on sale for $699.  After getting the snow shovel this morning, my wife knew I had a little cabin fever after helping her after her knee replacement, she kicked me out of the house to go look at one.

I must have done something right, because after looking at the new one, I decided to look at the Library and low and behold they had a used one. It had the box, extra magazine, sling, rail kit and the cleaning kit still in the plastic. It didn't look like it had been fired much. Needless to say it came home.

Can't wait to take it out, when a little warmer out.
 :)

Sometimes you can get a great deal at Cableas.

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Beretta CX4
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2014, 08:25:11 AM »
i had a 9mm carbine for awhile, i miss that gun, shouldn't have gotten rid of it.
Its a great plinker, decent gun for racoons etc too.

you'll be happy with your carbine

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »
Let us know how it does...with all the 9 ammo I buy for handguns I wouldn't mind another 9 carbine...

When I researched before buying a kel Tec sub 2000, the extra juice you get out of 9 ammo in a rifle barrel is pretty decent. I remember reading that a 124 grain bullet fired out of my sub produced ballistics above a 357 round fired from a handgun. To me that makes it fun at the range & a decent defense option as well which could reach out further than a 4" barrel pistol.

Now all you need is some Beretta hi cap mags & a pile of ammo!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 10:37:06 AM »
I remember reading that a 124 grain bullet fired out of my sub produced ballistics above a 357 round fired from a handgun. To me that makes it fun at the range & a decent defense option as well which could reach out further than a 4" barrel pistol.
Not quite

http://ballisticsbytheinch.com/9luger.html

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 04:29:06 PM »
9mm carbines are fun, I have 2 of them.  A coworker of mine has the Beretta 9mm carbine and likes it real well.  Enjoy it. 

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 07:20:41 PM »
I guess that i Misquoted the article that i read a couple of years ago..

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/08/captain-john-raguso/gun-review-kel-tec-sub-2000-40/

"When sending rounds downrange, the 9mm Sub2K has an effective reach of over 100-yards. At distances up to approximately 50-yards, a standard 115-gr FMJ 9mm bullet approaches the muzzle velocity and impact energy of a .357 magnum round fired at point blank range. At 200-yards downrange, the Sub2K’s 9mm round’s velocity approximates that of a .380 Auto’s muzzle velocity."

The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline Jeepguy

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2014, 03:00:53 PM »
I have the CX4 in 40 cal and just love it. Light, fast and easy to use.

Offline jonm

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2014, 05:39:25 PM »
I guess that i Misquoted the article that i read a couple of years ago..

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2010/08/captain-john-raguso/gun-review-kel-tec-sub-2000-40/

"When sending rounds downrange, the 9mm Sub2K has an effective reach of over 100-yards. At distances up to approximately 50-yards, a standard 115-gr FMJ 9mm bullet approaches the muzzle velocity and impact energy of a .357 magnum round fired at point blank range. At 200-yards downrange, the Sub2K’s 9mm round’s velocity approximates that of a .380 Auto’s muzzle velocity."

He must mean out of a 2" snub nose.