< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: My first sidearm....awwwww  (Read 1724 times)

1hickey

My first sidearm....awwwww
« on: January 15, 2008, 11:27:37 PM »
Well, picked up my little Walther P22 this evening.  I'm excited for the first opportunity to go run some .22LR through the little dude.  It's a sharp looking little handgun.  Definitely German in its manufacture.  This thing is so "like new" that the previous owner never sent in the factory registration.  Looks like I'll be the first official owner.  Much of the little parts bags and stuff wasn't even opened up.

I'll post some info in the future.  First impressions, though, is that the handgrip is not quite long enough.  Wonder if an extended mag would fix this??  I don't have big hands, either.

Anyone for some plinking!? ;D ;D

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: My first sidearm....awwwww
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 07:51:48 AM »
Congrats! Should be a lot of cheap fun.

So, you coming to the meeting tonight open carrying your .22?  ;D

Hopefully we can run enough ammo through it Monday to post some good info on it.

1hickey

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 08:48:23 AM »
If the weather comes in, I'll be stuck in Lincoln pushing snow.  Otherwise, hoping to make it.  I posted a reply to the editor on the Plattsmouth Journal site, we'll see if they put it up.

Don't have a holster for the P22 yet, so can't open carry very well yet.

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2008, 08:28:53 PM »
The P22 fits in the Fobus Paddle holster very nicely, the only holster I have found that works with the silencer installed on the P22 is the Military looking Flap holster from AAC called the Phoenix and the Galco Yaqui slide.
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger

1hickey

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:16:35 AM »
Since a suppressor is a ways out due to money, I just picked up one of those inexpensive nylon belt holsters so I can carry it around the farm when doing chores and projects.  It's not like I'm going into battle with a P22.  ::)  The feral critters have gotten away one too many times.  >:(