< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: So.... Which of our members scored at Cabela's this morning?  (Read 3237 times)

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: So.... Which of our members scored at Cabela's this morning?
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2014, 12:48:05 AM »
Wait.

22LR is still selling for stupid amounts ?

WTF
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2014, 12:04:26 AM »
Wait.

22LR is still selling for stupid amounts ?

WTF

Exactly my thoughts. As long as people pay out the nose for ammo that should be dirt cheap there is no end in site...

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2014, 08:12:12 AM »
Pretty much anyone I see buying 22 when they already have a large quantity gets congratulated on being part of the problem. I have passed on close to 2k rounds at reasonable prices because the 1100 rounds I have will work just fine for the 4 rifles I feed.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2014, 08:54:41 AM »
Pretty much anyone I see buying 22 when they already have a large quantity gets congratulated on being part of the problem. I have passed on close to 2k rounds at reasonable prices because the 1100 rounds I have will work just fine for the 4 rifles I feed.

I guess it all depends on how much .22lr you shoot. 
1100 rounds would last me less than 2-3 weeks, once it gets a bit nicer outside.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2014, 09:12:55 AM »
1100 rounds would last me less than 2-3 weeks, once it gets a bit nicer outside.

I wish I had your problem  :-[

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 01:28:26 PM »
I have a couple kids, plus myself, and a bunch of students lined up for this summer.  You bet yer butt I'm stocking up, too!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2014, 02:10:12 PM »
I have a cousin that is more like a nephew because of the age difference but he got a 22 revolver last fall from one of his uncles but his dad can't find any ammo... I told him if we get out this summer a have a few hundred rounds we could shoot but then I am out... Sucks for him and me because I like my 22's.

From what my dad told me a guy a Crete had around 6000 rounds in his car that he sold to one of the vendors. The guy that bought it spend over $600 for it all.... 

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 03:18:46 PM »
In Omaha this morning for an appointment so I stopped by Cabela's en route, to do an exchange @ customer service. Happened to roll up a couple minutes before 09:00 and joined ~30+ people waiting outside. At nine o'clock an employee steps out and says, "No 22, 380 or target 9mm today folks!" and over half the crowd turned and left!

Kinda surprised by that. I figured a few people were only there for ammo, but assumed the vast majority were there to shop for other stuff. Didn't expect to see that many turn and leave.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK