< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: WAIT...i thought everyone in Omaha registered their guns!  (Read 682 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
WAIT...i thought everyone in Omaha registered their guns!
« on: March 17, 2014, 08:55:33 PM »
http://www.omaha.com/article/20140317/NEWS/140318696

I'm begining to think that there are more UNregistered firearms in Omaha than Registered ones...

We need to get the Mayor on the this....if everyone is running around with ILLEAGAL guns in Omaha why do they insist on making it a pain for a law abiding citizen to comply & register?
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
Re: WAIT...i thought everyone in Omaha registered their guns!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:54:15 PM »
Watch how all those gun charges get dropped on a plea for the drug charges.  Then they can say the offender is a non-violent victim suffering from addiction instead of a potential murderer.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 10:14:39 PM »
http://www.omaha.com/article/20140317/NEWS/140318696

I'm begining to think that there are more UNregistered firearms in Omaha than Registered ones...

We need to get the Mayor on the this....if everyone is running around with ILLEAGAL guns in Omaha why do they insist on making it a pain for a law abiding citizen to comply & register?

2 issues there.  First of all, criminals will never register or get a CCW.

Second issue, unless you purchase a pistol in Omaha, how many people do you think actually know about the registration thing?

I didn't know about it until the other day when the self defense shooting happened.  And I thought I kept up pretty well but that one went totally by me.  I admit I am out in the hinterlands out here though. 

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 11:44:26 PM »
These poor guns never asked to be brought into Omaha. They were brought here by their owners and should not be held responsible. It's only fair to grant these poor guns amnesty.