< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Does anybody know what the current number of CHP's stands at?  (Read 1502 times)

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
Does anybody know what the current number of CHP's stands at?
« on: September 09, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »
Hey

Does anybody know what the current number of Concealed Handgun Permits issued since January 1, 2007 stands at? Just curious to know how many strong we are in Nebraska.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Does anybody know what the current number of CHP's stands at?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 07:10:33 AM »
Closing on 5,000, I'd guess..... 
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »
Well I sure hope that it is more than that. Last time I heard I think it was around 4,700. That was sometime at the beginning of the year. I'm hoping we are at least at 6,000.

Offline Dtrain323i

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:53:14 AM »
Were probably somewhere around 7500-8000. IIRC, your permit number tells you what number you were in that year. mine is around 2500. so if we had 4700 at the begining of the year we have at least 7200 total

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »
That low? But everyone I know has one!
Very disappointing. I know it is a bit of a hassle and expense, but I would have guessed 10x that number. I must be out of touch or terribly optimistic.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:41:26 PM »
No there are alot of gun owner's that I know that haven't gotten it. All for various reasons, ranging from I just don't have the time and money, to I don't see the need.

In fact money is the reason that I don't yet have mine. I never seem to have the time and money at the same point in time. If I have the money it means I am working and I don't have the time. If I have the time it means I ain't working and I don't have the money.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 01:07:36 AM »
Yeah, Hardwood83, the legislature guessed that 66,000 Nebraskan's would get permits when they passed the law in 2006. It turns out we are only around 10% of that estimate, if we are around 7,000 that is.

Yeah Rugermanx, this problem seems to be why some people I know haven't gotten it yet either. One of my best buddies, who is a member on here too, loves guns and wants to carry but just has not found the money and time (money more than time) to do it yet.
Two of my cousins took the course together last year, but only one went and got the permit. The other one was still iffy about the way the law was written (all the restricted places, Cities banning it, Officers being able to look up your license and know you have it) so he didn't get it. I told him about the updates with the new law (LB430) and he seems more interested in it now than before. He might get it soon (guess he's got about 2years left until his training expires).

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 09:28:06 AM »
I think the new changes will help get it moving, but is also just an issue of inertia, I'm in the same time/money boat as a lot of people, balancing the needs and of three kids with my own wants... even if it is a "justifiable" expense for self defense and that of my kids... if I'm ever THAT worried about it, I'll just OC.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:40:02 PM »
if I'm ever THAT worried about it, I'll just OC.

check I do that fairly often.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 07:54:17 PM »
As of today (9/28/09),  6951 CCW permits have been issued. Of this total 180 of these were personal data changes and 48 were re-issued do to being lost or damaged. There you have it straight from NSP HQ.
USN 83-87, American Legion