< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match, April 19  (Read 2548 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match, April 19
« on: April 11, 2014, 09:35:24 AM »
IDPA Nebraska has an Outdoor Match   :o  (Tier 1; 6 stages) scheduled for Saturday, April 19, 2:00pm-6:00pm at Izaak Waltons Outdoor Shooting Range (at the end of the 300-yard range).

Registration is online at http://www.idpamatchsignup.com?matchid=C788440C-8578-4E86-B7A9-5497AD9AEBC8.  One can still register on-site, but online registration (up to 5:00pm on Friday, April18) will facilitate pre-preparation of scoresheets and prioritization for shooting priority/squads (3 stage areas that will be used for 6 stages....thus, 3 squad areas)...first come, first served.  ;)

Fee: $15 (on-site; cash or check since no card processing).

Rounds: 18 (or less)/stage.

Yes...there will be shooting while moving (per IDPA rules)...imagine that!!!  :P

Aldo  8)
Match Director, IDPA Nebraska
www.idpanebraska.com
www.facebook.com/idpanebraska

More info: contact info@idpanebraska.com
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match, April 19
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 07:15:14 PM »
Does the online match signup have the ability to show people who is already squadded, and where they are?  (In other words, when it asks you to squad, how do you know who you are squadding with?  Do you have to text everyone first, to find out?)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 11:20:22 PM »
Does the online match signup have the ability to show people who is already squadded, and where they are?  (In other words, when it asks you to squad, how do you know who you are squadding with?  Do you have to text everyone first, to find out?)
The online registration program unfortunately does not have an option for public display of the squading  :(

I don't believe the option of requesting a squad can be turned off at this point since the match is already arranged with the program.  For the Classifier, folks were basically squadded based on their date and time of registration; there were 2 instances where families were squadded together because of requests that were made.

At this point, folks could send an email to info@idpanebraska.com and request to be in the same squad, or just go with what comes up with the date/time format. I do want to make sure that the registrants are spread out amongst the 3 areas of stages while also trying to honor squad requests.

In short, if folks wish to be squadded together, I would suggest that they text amongst themselves and register online with the same squad request and I'll do the best I can to honor them. I'd like to avoid a barrage of email requests.
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 11:03:28 AM »
I've been shooting for several years and want to try IDPA.  I'm a member of Lincoln Ike and got an NRA instructor certification awhile back; I just now joined IDPA.  I want to watch a match before getting into one.  If I watch the upcoming one and decide to try my hand at it can I register there and then?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 03:24:15 PM »
Doh.  I wanted to shoot this, but since it's the day before Easter I'll be out of town.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 04:03:40 PM »
I've been shooting for several years and want to try IDPA.  I'm a member of Lincoln Ike and got an NRA instructor certification awhile back; I just now joined IDPA.  I want to watch a match before getting into one.  If I watch the upcoming one and decide to try my hand at it can I register there and then?

If previous matches can be used as a precedent, you should be able to. The down-side to that plan is they usually have the shooting order be "first come, first served." So you would likely be one of the last to shoot and may have to wait a while. But if you don't mind waiting, I think they would let you do that. (It is possible one of the IDPA Nebraska guys may contradict me here though!)
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 05:55:30 PM by SeanN »

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 05:27:37 PM »
If previous matches can be used as a precedent, you should be able to. The down-side to that plan is they usually have the shooting order be "first come, first served." So you would likely be one of the last to shoot and may have to wait a while. But if you don't mind shooting, I think they would let you do that. (It is possible one of the IDPA Nebraska guys may contradict me here though!)

Spot on.  First come, first serve.
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
Spot on.  First come, first serve.

If previous matches can be used as a precedent, you should be able to. The down-side to that plan is they usually have the shooting order be "first come, first served." So you would likely be one of the last to shoot and may have to wait a while. But if you don't mind waiting, I think they would let you do that. (It is possible one of the IDPA Nebraska guys may contradict me here though!)

Thanks for the information.  I don't mind waiting; watching those who've done it before gives me a chance to get a better sense of what I'm doing.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 09:27:06 AM »
FYI,

Just a reminder to encourage folks to use the online signup at www.idpamatchsignup.com to register in advance so that the scoresheets and squadding can be prepared ahead of time. Payment will be on-site for all registrants (cash or check as there is no card processing on-site).

Since we will only have 3 Safety Officers for the 3 areas of stages (6-stage match), folks doing a walk-in registration after the start of the match will probably have to wait until we can fit them in for on-site registration in between the other shooters.

Also, even though the match is announced as 2:00-6:00pm, if we finish the registered shooters earlier than 6:00pm, we will break down the stages early.

Thanks and see y'all on Saturday.  These are some fun stages!!  8)

Aldo
www.everreadyccw.com

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 12:32:51 PM »
Is this a match where you get more points for a major caliber than for a minor one, like more for a .40 than for a 9mm?

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 12:53:36 PM »
Is this a match where you get more points for a major caliber than for a minor one, like more for a .40 than for a 9mm?

No....IDPA tries to be as reality based as possible.  SSP, ESP, CDP, ESR and SSR are only division and delineations.  You can wear your team jersey like in USPSA though....  : )

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »

Nope.  :) 

On the other hand, you don't ever get to load more than 10 rounds in a magazine (and even less, in some divisions) so there is no capacity advantage to any particular firearm, either.

(I'll note there are a couple of divisions in which you are required to shoot Major just to be in that division.  However, the scoring doesn't change.)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2014, 04:45:55 PM »
Doh.  I wanted to shoot this, but since it's the day before Easter I'll be out of town.

+1 :(

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2014, 08:27:23 PM »
This was a really fun match. Its too bad we ran out of time and had to quit at 3 stages.

Offline Aldo

• NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2014, 12:23:45 PM »
This was a really fun match. Its too bad we ran out of time and had to quit at 3 stages.
Yes, it was a fun match!  :). And we made history yesterday with a legacy moment of an IDPA Nebraska outdoor match at Ike's!!!!  8)

We had 36 registrants and great weather...well, the wind was interesting at times.  ;D

There was a mix-up with Ike's scheduling a Cowboy Match from 8-3 and then our IDPA Match from 2:00-6:00 :o , only to find out that they were done around 12:30!  :-[  Plus we used up match time for the pre-briefing and safety briefing, plus we surprisingly went from 21 online registrants the night before to 36 registrants (late online registration and walk-ins) by match time.

But all in all, we ran the three squads through 3 stages in lieu of the 6. If we didn't have space limitations (i.e., 3 bay areas instead of 6), we could have had 6 squads and done all 6 stages with time to spare. Maybe in the future, but for now (including the May 17 outdoor match) we'll have the same space scenario, so we'll prepare ourselves with that in mind and go from there.

The cooperation and camaraderie of everyone were fantastic!

Also, we are working behind the scenes on a couple of other outdoor venues that would have ample space for 6+ stages  ;)

Oh, did someone ask, "Hey, Aldo, where are the posted scores? Quit jabbering at the mouth and get them posted."  :o  Sooooooonnnn.....very soon.

Later.

Aldo
www.everreadyccw.com