< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: shotgun problem.  (Read 1674 times)

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
shotgun problem.
« on: September 09, 2009, 09:14:27 PM »
I have a Remington 870 wingmaster pump. The problem I'm having is that after I fire it the next shell will not come up into the chamber. If I continue to pump it it will eventually go into the chamber. This is really irritating when hunting doves  >:(. Help please.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: shotgun problem.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 09:33:30 PM »
I thought you told me earlier all you needed was one shot? Buy a Benelli, problem solved.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 10:50:04 PM »
Can you describe the problem any better?  where doe the shell hang up, coming out if the magazine tube?  Sure you are not short shucking it?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 10:52:26 PM »
Oh, I just deleted the first thing that came to my mind. You set it up real good Dan. Huskergun knows what I'm talking about.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 10:54:33 PM »
double entendre anyone
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2009, 08:59:40 PM »
The shell does not come out of the magazine tube. I have to pump the thing once or twice more in order for the shell to come into the chamber.  I have noticed the brass on the shells seem to have a slight nick in them after they come out. That shouldn't have anything to do with it though.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 09:19:25 PM »
Sounds to me its either a problem with the little "hands" that hold the shell in or its the bar that the bolt rides on not popping those hands out of the way when the bolt hits the rearward most position. IF its neither of those then either you are short shucking as mentioned above or its the fact that your mag spring is either sticking or not pushing the shell back.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin