< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Results of IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match April 19  (Read 845 times)

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
Results of IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match April 19
« on: April 20, 2014, 03:58:00 PM »
Results for the 1st IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match, April 19, at Izaak Walton (Lincoln Chapter) Outdoor Shooting Range in Bennett, NE are posted at UberScoreMaster. History was made today with this event!!! ;D

https://www.uberscoremaster.com/?matchid=C788440C-8578-4E86-B7A9-5497AD9AEBC8

You should be able to view various reports of the results.

Thanks to everyone for their participation and assistance with the match to keep it flowing. 33 shooters!!  :)

Because of the space and time limitations at the range as well as the great turnout of numbers of registrants, we were only able to shoot 3 of the 6 stages in the 4 hours allotted. But it was great weather, and hopefully a fun time!

On the one hand, we apologize for the four disqualifications, but on the other hand, safety is paramount, and we had to make those tough calls.

In addition, we apologize to the one shooter who is posted as a "Did Not Finish"....for some reason, his time on one of the stages did not get written down on his scoresheet even though the hits/misses were scored.  :o  Take away lesson: shooters - please double-check your scoresheet after each stage to ensure that everything is marked; we will do our best, but sometimes our best is obviously not enough.  :-[ That shooter can either have a refund or a coupon for credit towards another IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match event.

Thanks to Izaak Walton's for hosting the first ever IDPA Nebraska outdoor match that was not a Classifier Match.

Aldo
Match Director, IDPA Nebraska
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Results of IDPA Nebraska Outdoor Match April 19
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 09:30:36 AM »
Fun match! This one had a lot of difficult shots and a lot of penalties were given out!

Thanks for your work Aldo as well as the other S.O.s and everyone who helped paste, keep score, etc.

One question though, as far as the checking your scoresheets thing: At IDPA matches I've noticed I never really get to see my scoresheet unless I specifically ask to see it. Is there another way we can help shooters take a look so we can make sure everything is right and entered appropriately?

Offline Aldo

• Ever vigilant. Ever ready. Ever willing. www.everreadyccw.com
  • NFOA Full Member
    • EverReadyCCW
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:25:32 AM »
Fun match! This one had a lot of difficult shots and a lot of penalties were given out!

Thanks for your work Aldo as well as the other S.O.s and everyone who helped paste, keep score, etc.

One question though, as far as the checking your scoresheets thing: At IDPA matches I've noticed I never really get to see my scoresheet unless I specifically ask to see it. Is there another way we can help shooters take a look so we can make sure everything is right and entered appropriately?
There is a place on the scoresheet for both the SO and the shooter to initial. This would be helpful with the issue.  We (as SOs) need to improve at asking the shooters to initial the scoresheet. That's the way it's done at GSSF matches.  Great question, SeanN!!!  :) Hopefully an ok answer.  ;)

The penalties were mostly the muzzle breaking the muzzle safe areas (the upper sweeping of the handgun when transitioning from one side of the barricade to the other as well as the vertical aiming of the handgun during a reload; there were a few cover calls).  Now the points down is another story.....hhhhmmmmm, front sight, transitions from one target to the next, shooting on the move...  8)

P.S. If only we could have done Stages 4-6...those would have made Stages 1-3 seem like a cupcake!  :P
www.everreadyccw.com
"Always remember that you are Americans, and it is your birthright to dream great dreams in this sweet and blessed land, truly the greatest, freest, strongest nation on Earth." -- Ronald Reagan

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 12:02:49 PM »
There is a place on the scoresheet for both the SO and the shooter to initial.

That is the way it is done at USPA matches for Area, Sectional, and maybe all qualifier (?).  Was going to suggest that if it is going to be done on paper. 

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum