< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Patriots Day ...Never forgive...never forget  (Read 1449 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Patriots Day ...Never forgive...never forget
« on: September 10, 2009, 09:13:44 PM »

Remember to fly your flags at half staff all day tomorrow.

Simple...

Never forgive

Never forget

Never stop

That's it.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Patriots Day ...Never forgive...never forget
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 09:29:53 PM »
I Remember and always will. Thanks Dan.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 09:32:53 PM »
i remember where i was that day.....IN CLASS!

my bio teacher told us about what had happened, but none of us took her seriously.  (i hated bio anyway.)  i was glued to the TV for a week, if not more.  plus it made my history classes interesting.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 09:40:16 PM »
A kid who worked for me turned 21 that day. We watched those bastards piss on our country, and now the sheep have forgotten what happened and it will happen again. Obama screwing the CIA, bringing his Hamas friends by the boatload into the US.

I have a feeling that some people will declare war on all muslims in this country when it happens again. 
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2009, 09:43:15 PM »
We were just getting ready to leave our home in Helena, MT to drive to Seattle for my (then)3 year old daughter's second heart surgery. Had not turned on the tv yet that morning when my Mom called and asked "Have you seen the news?".  As I turned the tv on, the second tower was just getting hit. The first tower fell as we were walking out the door to leave. We listened to the rest of it on the way on AM radio, freaked out the whole way not knowing what to expect when we got to Seattle(glad we decided to drive instead of flying).

The shootings at Columbine happened the day before my daughter's first heart surgery.

A week ago, my daughter had an episode with having trouble breathing and her heart feeling "funny".
That kinda freaked me out, not just for her, but what could come with it.

That day changed everything for me.  
I will NEVER forget.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 09:44:02 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 02:15:48 AM »
I was driving to work that day and my boss and I were listening to the radio. When the first tower was hit we were just about there and were thinking it was some sort of freak accident. We tossed it about for a bit and then went to work (hard to talk over concrete trucks going full bore pouring walls) Don't know if the guys that were driving the trucks didn't have radios or just didn't listen but nobody said a damn thing all day about it. The only thing that did draw our attention was the fact that at about 10:00 2 fighter jets blew over the top of us. (we were only a couple of miles from SAC.) and they were LOW. I mean I coulda spit and hit the windshield low.

After we got done pouring we stopped at menards on the way back to the shop. I will never forget that they had taken a bunch of tv's out of boxes and had them set up by the door there were prolly 10 tvs all set up there. and the amount of people coming in and just stopping to watch. I musta sat there for an hour watching the replays and wondering wth happened.

Then the following days I was glued to the tv watching the coverage of a nation in absolute shock. I will never forget. EVER. The shock of not knowing what was happening all day and then finding out about it at menards of all places engrained it into my mind.  The loss of human life, the loss of brother firefighters and police officers. The civilians that died. People jumping out of buildings 80 stories up. Those images don't go away. Probably never will. I kind of in some twisted demented way hope they never do. The lessons learned that day are immense. The attack was vicious it was horrendous. And honestly I am reminded of it everytime I see some reporter whining about how the Al Queida guys are treated at Gitmo. I am reminded what they did to us and will try and have tried to do again.

This day for me will never be a "day of service" mostly because every day I consider to be a day of service. I take pride in my country and my community. I try to do "service" everyday. So to reduce such an occasion to that is horribly insulting. To me and the men and women that died that day. To the people of this great country. And to the principals upon which this great country stands.

Columbine is a whole nother topic. I was a farm kid that grew up carrying a pocket knife to school. Never thought anything of it. But that day changed my life as well. I was still in school and will never forget that day either. What sincerly bothers me though is the fact that we can all probably name at least one of the killers from columbine, but how many of us (without looking) can name one single Nobel Prize winner (other than freakshow al gore). It bothers me that when something like VT or Columbine happen we focus so much on the idiot pulling the trigger and so little on the good that humans do. We analyze everything from thier childhood to what was going thru their mind when they became killers. But don't focus one bit on actually doing something (like adding hunter safety or gun safety to our ciriculums) we focus on making stricter laws that the person wouldn't have given a guano about anyways instead of teaching people how to protect themselves and others. Sorry for the novel on this all but honestly it took me till about a month ago to muster enough will power to watch the whole movie with Nicolas Cage "World Trade Center." I had tried three or four times but each one had to shut it off midway thru.

Thanks Dan. It is truly a day that I don't think SHOULD ever leave us.

Edit to add. The reason that it sticks so heavily is that in July of that year A bunch of friends of mine and I went out to NY and spent 10 days having a blast watching Letterman, doing the tourist things (Broadway, WTC, Brooklynn bridge, Watched the yankees get their butts kicked- (loved the hell outta that) etc.) And one of the things we did was to walk in between the towers and mess around down in the concourse with all the flags. So the towers falling shook me up. But it was the pictures of the concourse and the ruins that took its place that really burned into my head hardcore.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:20:30 AM by rugermanx »
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 09:35:32 AM »
I was sitting in an old basement waiting to go to work that day.  Away from my family because I had started a new job two weeks earlier.  This job was 100 miles away from a wife and two kids at home.  Gas was at its all time high them of $1.78 a gal.  The ford I was driving had no overdrive and it got 8 miles to a gallon.   So I stayed in my cousin's basement until our house sold.  My wife had been out of work for nine months and I had been working 32 hours a week for some time at my old job.  It makes you take a look at the times today.  More people out of work and gas may hit a third all time high.  But none of this matters!  What I was going threw that day was nothing compared to what other American people went threw that day.  The events of that dreadful day has scared me deep.  As Americans we must not forget that day and also relies that more may come under this administration.  Some day America will put a boot in the a** of the responsible parties including the ones that let it happen.  I will be inline for my turn! >:(  There is not a chance I will ever forget!  I will also never forget all the fallen troops in all wars that have fought for this country and the people!  God bless the Americans and American troops that were lost and the troops that still are at war.

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 07:18:20 PM »
Never forget.

Heard on the radio on the way to school that morning.