< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: GSSF Match - Grand Island, NE - June 7th-8th  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
GSSF Match - Grand Island, NE - June 7th-8th
« on: April 29, 2014, 09:33:26 PM »
Just want to put out a message that the Grand Island GSSF match this year is Sat/Sun June 7th-8th. The match is at the Heartland Shooting park

This match is for Glock brand pistols only. Many great prizes to be won by folks of all skill levels including pistols, cash and other Glock goodies. The more entries in the entire match, the more prizes including random prize drawings.

Bring your Glock pistol to the match and have a Glock Armorer go through your pistol (and he will replace any parts that need to be) for FREE!!!

Two new side matches this year as well:

1) Glock Girls side match for all ladies to participate in.

2) Pocket Glock side match for the new G42 pistols only (following Major sub rules).

So plan on coming out!!!!!

Anyone who wants to work as a Range Officer, please email Chris Zeeb (cmzeeb@gmail.com)

Oh, and if you want to shoot some different divisions, but don't have that specific model of Glock? Email Chris to see about borrowing one (yes I have a G42). All I ask is that you provide FACTORY ammo in my gun. (You will need to have a NE CHP or a NE Purchase permit as well)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: GSSF Match - Grand Island, NE - June 7th-8th
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 12:18:53 AM »
Chris, for those members here that may not be familiar with GSSF, maybe you could do a run down about that organization, or provide a web link. 

On the Glock Armorer services, I am assuming, they will only replace Glock factory parts found to be out of spec, or will they rehab Glocks having aftermarket parts, getting them back to factory parts?

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:04:52 AM »

www.gssfonline.com

GSSF Matches made simple:   http://www.gssfonline.com/hot_topics/GSSF%20Made%20Simple.pdf

GSSF Rules:    http://www.gssfonline.com/glockrpt/Current_GSSF_Rules.pdf

Another benefit of becoming a GSSF member (Min 2 year membership), is that you are able to purchase ONE "Blue Label" (Law Enforcement discounted) per year.

GSSF Pistol Purchase Program:    http://www.gssfonline.com/GSSF_Pistol_Purchase_Program_Information.pdf

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 08:12:31 AM »

On the Glock Armorer services, I am assuming, they will only replace Glock factory parts found to be out of spec, or will they rehab Glocks having aftermarket parts, getting them back to factory parts?

If you want the Armorer to go through your gun, and you have any aftermarket parts in it, they will kindly replace those with factory parts (at no cost) and kindly give you your aftermarket parts back for you to sell to some other sucker, who thinks that they need a steel guide rod or Dremel job on the $10 trigger components (that they paid someone $250 to do)

:-)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2014, 12:19:23 PM »
I would 100% suggest anyone having a Glock with aftermarket parts installed, to take Chris up on this offer to get your Glock, back to a stock configuration.  The safety and reliability of a stock Glock, cannot be matched by mucking up your Glock with aftermarket parts. 

This is a photo of a young lad, that thought aftermarket trigger parts, were the way to go.

(I wont post the image below because it is too graphic, but it does show what a stupid idea it is to install aftermarket parts in a Glock) Follow the link, if you have a strong stomach. 

http://i.imgur.com/tb6GoF3.jpeg

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 01:10:36 PM »
Oh, and if you want to shoot some different divisions, but don't have that specific model of Glock? Email Chris to see about borrowing one (yes I have a G42).

A BIG A+ to Chris Z for letting me borrow his G17.  Though I had never shot one, I had a perfect (down 0) run on the "5 to 25" stage with a decent/typical (for me) time.  The time would probably have been a lot better if I had some dry fire time with it.  Also, he had non-standard sights on it which were quite different than what I was used to. 

I can't say enough good about Chris.  What an upstanding guy.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 01:29:01 PM »
A BIG A+ to Chris Z for letting me borrow his G17.  Though I had never shot one, I had a perfect (down 0) run on the "5 to 25" stage with a decent/typical (for me) time.  The time would probably have been a lot better if I had some dry fire time with it.  Also, he had non-standard sights on it which were quite different than what I was used to. 

I can't say enough good about Chris.  What an upstanding guy.

Fly

Thanks for coming out and shooting!

Warren Tactical Sevigney Competition sights (black serrated front, as I don't like fiber optics)...... I like them  :-)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 02:30:29 PM »
Thanks for coming out and shooting!

Warren Tactical Sevigney Competition sights (black serrated front, as I don't like fiber optics)...... I like them  :-)

One thing that was hard to get used to, and I have only seen this on an FN Tactical, was how thin the front sight blade was.  Everything I have shot before has a wider front blade that fills up the rear notch when aligned.  Did you find that difficult to get used to at first?  Obviously, when I got them lined up, I shot accurately, but it seemed my initial acquisition was slow.

Fly

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 02:54:27 PM »
One thing that was hard to get used to, and I have only seen this on an FN Tactical, was how thin the front sight blade was.  Everything I have shot before has a wider front blade that fills up the rear notch when aligned.  Did you find that difficult to get used to at first?  Obviously, when I got them lined up, I shot accurately, but it seemed my initial acquisition was slow.

I LOVE having narrower front sights.  I get a lot better accuracy out of them.

And Warren Tactical makes good sights.  (I prefer the fiber optic front, though.  :) )

....if you shot just as fast as with your normal gun, but with that level of accuracy, think of what you could be doing if you actually PRACTICED with a Glock!

You know, instead of the knockoff brand you currently shoot.  :P
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 02:59:43 PM »
....if you shot just as fast as with your normal gun, but with that level of accuracy, think of what you could be doing if you actually PRACTICED with a Glock!

1) As I have stated before, I don't own a Glock, and never will.

2) See item 1 above

BUT, If I come up with the money for the KL-2 (very similar in size to a G17) or the KL-3 (looks like a G34), I may consider those sights.

I get a lot better accuracy out of them.

Just curious...what is the theory behind the thinner front sight?  Logically (at least the way my mind works) it seems that filling the rear sight notch with the front sight blade would tell you that you are on center.  Whereas it seems the thinner blade would have a lot of room for slop, for lack of a better term.

Fly
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:02:49 PM by OnTheFly »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 03:52:47 PM »
what is the theory behind the thinner front sight?

It makes you have "narrower eyes"... kind of like Clint Eastwood in the Spaghetti Westerns.....  or Lorimor and his "stare of death".....

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 04:40:19 PM »

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »
Preliminary results are posted:

http://www.gssfonline.com/results/2014/2014gne.pdf

OUCH!  That Mike dropped me about 10 places.  I don't know who that Mike is, but I don't like him much.

Fly