< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who to vote for governor?  (Read 4283 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Who to vote for governor?
« on: May 06, 2014, 12:34:28 PM »
We have SEVEN days before the May 13th election.

Now that all the candidates have been throughly covered in mud, how much has stuck?

Or, phrased another way, which candidates are the best choices to help us return to a Constitutional rule of law?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:53:56 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Who to vote for governor?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 06:37:07 PM »
Need one more option, none of the above >:D

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 09:14:07 PM »
Need one more option, none of the above >:D

Agreed.

Do we have a generic thread around here somewhere for discussing stuff in general ?  Like other things being elected etc ?

Or, can I just spew pure disdainful hatred now ? Cause, with recent move - got a new county and new town and all of that, and I'm supposed to go vote for stuff in 7 days -- BUT I CANT FIND ANY ****ING PLACE ONLINE THAT TELLS ME WTF IM GOING TO BE VOTING FOR.

I've gotten some things in the mail from the city of La Vista talking about a half cent sales tax to help 'improve' 84th street.  That's about it.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2014, 10:18:46 PM »
Bruning keeps advertising that he has an A+ rating for the NRA. Don't know too much about any of these folks but at least he's not afraid to feature that NRA rating in ads.

He was on KLIN radio this morning mentioning that his competitors keep running ads touting their entrepreneurial and business experience over his history of public sector work. He had a good point when he said that might be valid if the current administration were flying the state into the ground, but that's not the case. I thought that was a good point. I know of some CITY governments that are not the best, and there are some state senators I'd like to see gone, but as far as our state executive leadership goes, I like the current governor and think that "a vote for the status quo" is not a bad platform.

That said, I know nothing much more about him and even less of the other candidates.  :(
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:25:13 PM by feralcatkillr »
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 10:25:00 AM »
I don't know Mr. Bruning personally but I can say he is an avid supporter of the second amendment and our firearms rights. When the Concealed Cary Law was new & there was some misinterpretation by some Cities & Towns, he worked hard behind the scenes with the NRA  to fix this concern even to the point of a contingent plan in case the State Legislature failed to enact the needed changes. Personally, I find the adds and political statements I've heard made by Mr Bruning have been honorable, not muddy or demeaning toward the other candidates. I can't say the same about some of the other candidates.
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 11:02:05 AM »
Beau McCoy goes to my church.  I haven't had the opportunity to interact much with him directly (It's a large church) but I'm relatively confident that his views are pretty closely aligned with my own on most subjects.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 11:21:06 AM »
Beau McCoy goes to my church.  I haven't had the opportunity to interact much with him directly (It's a large church) but I'm relatively confident that his views are pretty closely aligned with my own on most subjects.

Yes but his "I Wanna Be A Cowboy" Scott Kleeb imitation e.g. horseback is pretty cheesy......

Offline Chris C

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 04:48:30 PM »
For those considering voting for Rickets may want to hop on over to Omaha Police Officers Association's Facebook page and see their latest posting. 

Another young, armed offender to enjoy "golden ticket" to juvenile court.

Thanks Pete Ricketts!

On Friday afternoon, Gang Suppression officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle at 24th and Templeton.

Numerous stolen guns were tossed out of the vehicle.

One occupant was a 17 year old offender.

Police cannot release his name because of a newly passed law that Pete Ricketts' Platte Institute pushed for that mandates that so called "lowest level" crimes are sent directly to juvenile court as opposed to district or county court.

Shockingly, illegally Carrying a Concealed Weapon by a juvenile falls into those so called "lowest level" categories.

This is NOT how we will win the war on gang and gun violence.....

I wasn't voting for him anyway but had no idea he was for such things. 

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 05:29:52 PM »
Yes but his "I Wanna Be A Cowboy" Scott Kleeb imitation e.g. horseback is pretty cheesy......

I won't hold a cheesy commercial against a candidate if I'm in agreement with his/her platform.  I did like his Whack an Obama Bobble Head commercial, though!

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 06:23:58 PM »
Chris C  I challenged OPOA to cast the same aspersions at Ashford in his bid for Congress..... we shall see...

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 07:05:26 PM »
I'm going with Beau. I like his stance on the issues and he's the only one I think actually believes in the stance he's taken. 

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 09:17:22 PM »
For those considering voting for Rickets may want to hop on over to Omaha Police Officers Association's Facebook page and see their latest posting. 

I wasn't voting for him anyway but had no idea he was for such things.

They've been bashing him for a while. If you want clarification on how much actual involvement Pete had with the Platte Institute, I'd suggest sending a message to Dick Clark.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »
Cheney supports Ricketts.       That should help him!  lol

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 07:17:25 AM »
Cheney supports Ricketts.       That should help him!  lol

It sure doesn't hurt, in my opinion.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 11:31:34 PM »
Cheney has more lies and corruption in his wake than Hillary and the Rose law firm, including Vince Foster and the park police.

A study into Dick Cheney,  takes one to some dark places. 

Just because Cheney supports someone, does not mean the feelings are mutual, this I understand. 

Sara Palin also endorses Ricketts. 

Palin wanted to unload on Obama and his birth issue, and the GOP said shut up.   There is an awful lot about politics, I just don't care for.

The dishonest crap mostly. 

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 02:36:14 PM »
Being registered independent, my voting choices were rather limited today... buuuttt...

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 06:06:03 PM »
I just thought of something,  the TV stations are going to be running results tonight, and its the season ending of Person Of Interest.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 08:44:28 PM »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline David Hineline

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2014, 09:55:17 PM »
Just because Bruning says things gun owners want to hear to win elections, does not mean these things he says are part of his core beliefs.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5kVfX6Cj2EGZkhBcXc2ZGNLd2M/edit?usp=sharing
Machinegun owners blow thier load with one pull of the trigger