< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Mother's Day Fail  (Read 1194 times)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Mother's Day Fail
« on: May 12, 2014, 01:26:03 PM »
So I get up on Mother's Day, knowing that it may be a difficult one for my wife due to her family's current drama and the fact that my wife wears her heart on her sleeve.

I wanted it to be a special, stress free day for her.  When I saw that the family issues were getting to her I made one helpful suggestion to get her mind off of the problems, and the whole day goes to hell. 

All I said was, "Maybe it would help take your mind off of things if you just spend a little more of your time cleaning the house".  One LITTLE helpful suggestion, and all of a sudden I am the bad guy.  I can't win.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: Mother's Day Fail
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 02:06:01 PM »
Chuckle

On a related note, my wife and I spent much of the day cleaning and drying out our camper after being out camping in the downpour Sunday morning.  Her mind wasn't on any family drama at all.  Perhaps you could share that with your wife.  ;)

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 07:12:34 PM »
So I get up on Mother's Day, knowing that it may be a difficult one for my wife due to her family's current drama and the fact that my wife wears her heart on her sleeve.

I wanted it to be a special, stress free day for her.  When I saw that the family issues were getting to her I made one helpful suggestion to get her mind off of the problems, and the whole day goes to hell. 

All I said was, "Maybe it would help take your mind off of things if you just spend a little more of your time cleaning the house".  One LITTLE helpful suggestion, and all of a sudden I am the bad guy.  I can't win.

Fly

The old saw, 'open mouth and insert foot' keeps popping into my mind for some reason :D

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 07:41:11 PM »

Fly

could this be why I have 2 ex wives? ( and a large gun collection?)
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 08:06:24 PM »
I do it all the time.... after three pregnancies I've just learned to say screw and apologize later.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk