< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: USDA looking for some sub-guns...  (Read 1340 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
USDA looking for some sub-guns...
« on: May 15, 2014, 08:10:43 AM »
https://www.fbo.gov/index?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=9fc3a01217d03b0354e1e18b69aa7bad&tab=core&_cview=0

Synopsis:
Added: May 07, 2014 2:03 pm
The U.S. Department of Agriculture, Office of Inspector General, located in Washington, DC, pursuant to the authority of FAR Part 13, has a requirement for the commerical acquisition of submachine guns, .40 Cal. S&W, ambidextrous safety, semi-automatic or 2 shot burts trigger group, Tritium night sights for front and rear, rails for attachment of flashlight (front under fore grip) and scope (top rear), stock-collapsilbe or folding, magazine - 30 rd. capacity, sling, light weight, and oversized trigger guard for gloved operation.  NO SOLICITATION DOCUMENT EXISTS.  All responsible and/or interested sources may submit their company name, point of contact, and telephone.  If received timely, shall be considered by the agency for contact to determine weapon suitability.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
Re: USDA looking for some sub-guns...
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 08:22:42 AM »
interesting, i guess those soybeans sometimes get a little out of control when they get in fights with the angus cows and we need a way to help keep things under control

also, i noticed they didn't say 30 rd high capacity magazines, that would almost make it seem like 30 is normal capacity

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 08:29:02 AM »
USDA?

Mad cows?

Ok, it's their Office of Inspector General. I get that. But can you say "Mission Creep"?  If they uncover something illegal going on that requires arrest, why don't they simply lateral the ball to the DOJ/FBI?
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 08:44:34 AM »
The further militarization of nearly every government entity...

<-----  See avatar   :angry:
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 09:48:08 AM »
The further militarization of nearly every government entity...

<-----  See avatar   :angry:

Yep.  Virtually every Federal department has its own law enforcement division, because having an armed division = power in the Federal government.  And of course, if a Federal agency has armed officers they will go looking for an excuse to use them, such as rounding up cattle and shooting them.

They should all be disbanded and their duties handled by the U.S. Marshals or FBI.

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 07:36:12 AM »
I am no conspiracy theorist but strange things have been happening.  Here is a list of some of them.

* USDA buys sub machine guns with 30 round magazines

*USDA buys ballistic vests

*United States Post Office buys over 500 million rounds of ammo when it is illegeal for US postal employees to have    a weapon on duty.

*Obama Care has two pages among the 2,700 pages of the law that allow the President to have a militia (that is not the national guard or reserves or homeland security) that is not controlled by the states governors or congress.

I would like to know why.  People can make fun of me all they want and call me all kinds of names, I dont care.  I want to live Free that is why I served in the military and that is why I want to ask questions and get answers.
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:58:06 AM »
on top of all this nonsense, a couple months ago a story came out that the army had millions of round of excess ammo, and they were just going to destory it all....

yep, destory it all

Offline Sandhillian

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 09:04:00 AM »
*Obama Care has two pages among the 2,700 pages of the law that allow the President to have a militia (that is not the national guard or reserves or homeland security) that is not controlled by the states governors or congress.

I'm guessing what you are referring to here are the provisions related to the U.S. Public Health Service, which has a commissioned corps of officers.  Obamacare didn't establish the U.S. Public Health Service.  It's precursor has actually been around since the early days of the United States.  It is a uniformed service under the direction of the Surgeon General.  I don't really know what their authority is or what they actually do, but for more information you can do an internet search.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 09:13:10 AM »
on top of all this nonsense, a couple months ago a story came out that the army had millions of round of excess ammo, and they were just going to destory it all....

yep, destory it all

I'd buy it for a penny, just like when they sell aircraft carriers.  Then invite everyone on the board for a fun shoot.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 09:59:55 AM »
it is illegeal for US postal employees to have    a weapon on duty.

The Postal Inspector has agents that are sworn LEs and thus they carry and investigate mail fraud, stolen mail, etc.  This has been the case for well over 30-40 years.  Nothing new for USPS

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 01:39:35 PM »
Who are we to question what our government does?

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2014, 04:27:20 PM »
On a further twist, they are now ordering body armor, to go along with their machineguns. 

https://www.fbo.gov/?s=opportunity&mode=form&id=9dfebeda308f15074b832bcf24bfcb92&tab=core&_cview=0