< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Glock 42  (Read 2132 times)

Offline sremmus

• NFOA Full Member
Glock 42
« on: May 18, 2014, 11:48:27 AM »
  I bought my wife a G 42 this week.  I've been watching reviews that say people have been having ftf, stove pipes, and double feeds ect.  About 50% of people are having problems.  Well I have to say this had me really worried.  I couldn't hardly wait to shoot it to find out for myself.  First off, my impressions of the gun its a great little gun.  Its thin, like someone shrinkrayed my 19.  Now I know its a .380 and there are 9mm this size and bla bla.  I wanted my wife to have a gun that she could shoot well and manage recoil.  She had a xdm 9 and couldn't seem to handle it. It really feels great in the hand to me and my wife both.  Well I'll cut to the chase took 50 rounds out this morning not one hiccup!  My wife and I both shot it and we both agreed it is a sweet shooter.  We both loved it. hardly any recoil.  I shot slow and rapid.  So far I'm really impressed with this gun! :)

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Glock 42
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2014, 12:22:09 PM »
I'm on the list for one, eventually.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2014, 11:29:08 PM »
They are on line for 392, free shipping. 

What I cant figure out, is why get one, from a gun company that is known for high capacity, in big loads.

.45acp, 13 rounds.   10mm 15 rounds.  9mm 17 rounds.  .40 S&W 15 rounds.

.380 7 rounds (or is it 6?)

I don't get the attraction. 

If someone wants small, LCP is about a fraction of the size of a Glock 42.

I am on the prowl for a 27 or 29, but I feel the need for larger ballistics to go along with my gun.   Just MHO.

The feeding issues of the 42, seem to trace back to limp wrist issues.   I had one on my range, that was not feeding properly, and wrist management solved it.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 11:34:52 PM by Gary »

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2014, 11:52:18 PM »
Wrist management and not letting the thumb ride the slide. Since it is so small many of the malfunctions have been traced to those with larger hands not paying attention and allowing the thumb to ride the side of the slide slowing it enough to cause a malfunction.

Have had a 42 since day one and have not experienced any problems. Carry ammo is Goldon Sabers.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline sremmus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 10:44:17 PM »
I don't get the attraction. 
Well its easily concealed
Wife handles it well
Its a Glock
Other 380s are smaller yes and lighter usually means more recoil and that's why we chose to get the Glock
We really considered the Kahr cw380 but it came with one mag and they are expensive to buy

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 10:48:56 PM »
I like the feel. It shoots smooth for a 380, which is rare. Usually they are punchy little fellers.

I'm in no hurry for mine, I'll get it when I get it.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 09:13:06 AM »
I hear good things about the G42.   About 12 yrs ago, I bought my wife a PT25....she thought it was "cute" at the time.  Roll forward a few years and when she went for her CHP, I bought an SR22 for her to use for the class because of ease of shooting/accuracy/etc...nice rimfire and she likes it a lot.   A couple months ago at the range she shot her PT25 and did not like it after having done a lot of shooting with the SR22.  Next, tried my LCP and she really didn't care for the snappiness of it and didn't like the M&P .40 and certainly hated my .357 revolver.  So, I hear some good things about the Bodyguards albeit the dislike for the trigger pull and so, I got her a new one of those....less than 20 rounds later, she doesn't care for it either.  In the wife's CCW class, the instructor was touting all the good things about the G42 and with what I'm hearing/reading about the G42, this may be the one for her.  But I need to hold one & possibly try one (or better yet have her try it) before buying another handgun that the wife won't like.  They seem to be in short supply/high demand around here locally.   At any rate, I'll probably be putting the Bodyguard up for sale here soon and maybe the PT25 too. 
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 07:03:04 PM »
Thanks for the graph. Another site was trying to tell me an LCP was larger in footprint than a Glock 42.   I knew better.

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk