< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Another Victory For Open Carry!  (Read 13186 times)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Another Victory For Open Carry!
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 02:34:23 PM »
"I hunt but nobody needs a semi-automatic weapon or a thirty round magazine.

The 2nd. Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Never has and never will.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2014, 02:43:17 PM »
this is chipotles response  "“We support the Second Amendment but we also need to feel safe and secure in the places we take our children."

well, i want my child to feel safe in school when that time comes.  i don't feel safe, them being in a gun free zone.

sorry, it seems that these anti's are being let to run-a-muck.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2014, 03:02:00 PM »
"I hunt but nobody needs a semi-automatic weapon or a thirty round magazine.

The 2nd. Amendment has nothing to do with hunting. Never has and never will.

Um, that was my point. That position is the same as yours. You are for the part that you like.

Again- What would you do if everyone was open carrying handguns?

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2014, 03:03:38 PM »
It's sad we can protect money and members of the government with firearms but something as precious and defenseless as our children they have to go it alone.

The last few attempts at school shootings were cut short by someone with a gun. I wish the anti's would wake up and see the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. What's the first thing they do in case of a shooting but call a bunch of good guys with guns. The answer is crystal clear. Get rid of all gun free zones.

I'm sorry but the hell with you if you think you should have the rights to post no gun signs.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2014, 03:16:25 PM »
I think if you can buy it, you should be able to carry it. The society we currently live in with recent events make carrying of long guns in public a taboo.

I'm all for open carry of handguns. I seen a friend of mine doing it at convenience store and I gave him a big two thumbs up. I only wish I had the cajones to do it.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2014, 03:25:16 PM »
I think if you can buy it, you should be able to carry it. The society we currently live in with recent events make carrying of long guns in public a taboo.

It will stay taboo if nobody does it and pro2A folks don't support it. Glad that you realize that.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2014, 03:30:41 PM »
The only option for a Texan to legally carry a firearm without mommys written permission is to open carry a longarm.

This is so offensive to some supposed gun Rights supporters that they insist that some of their fellow Americans forego the ability to protect themselves or their families.

How dare you tell someone they have no Right to bear arms in the only legal way they can?

Not only that you call them names and mock them while paying lip service to the 2A.

"They must not exercise their Right to bear arms because it may be detrimental to me."

"If they can't conform to my definition of the 2A they should not be allowed to carry. Don't you see it is all about me and only me."

"If I don't like the way they are exercising my 2A Right I will draw on them."

If it were not for the in your face actions they would not have CCW in Ohio and some others states.

Texans have been trying to work within the system for years to no avail.

Of course everything is okay with the world as long as everyone conforms to your definition of the second amendment.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »
My understanding of Texas concealed carry rights from listening to Armed American Radio is they are better than Nebraska's.  I don't think Texas will ever have open carry with examples of what not to do like this. Nebraska's carry rights just took a hit because of this stunt. And it caused Bloomberg to have a wet dream. I guess we will just agree to disagree.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
Hey I carry with mommies little permission.  I feel that might of been a insult to everyone with a chp.

Of course you know what the answer is. It's called constitutional carry.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2014, 04:02:33 PM »
I'm sorry but if I saw this where I was eating I would go to code red grab my family and try to make an exit and hopefully they wouldn't make a move forcing me to pull.

Not sure what you mean by "go to code red" but my awareness level would certainly be elevated if someone walked into a restaurant with an AR or AK slung over their shoulder.  However, I wouldn't necessarily "grab my family and try to make an exit".  A major component of situational awareness is gauging behavior.  As an example, many IED's are detonated utilizing cell phones.  Does that mean one should go "code red" every time one sees a cell phone?  Of course not.

It is unfortunate that Chipotle has come out "... in support of the Second Amendment, BUT ...."  On the flip side, unless they install proper signage there is no reason to stop carrying if you decide to eat there.  If they install a defense-free zone sign, then I'll stop eating there as it will be far more dangerous than it was while the 2A open carry protesters were there with their AR's and AK's.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 04:03:27 PM »
My understanding of Texas concealed carry rights from listening to Armed American Radio is they are better than Nebraska's.  I don't think Texas will ever have open carry with examples of what not to do like this. Nebraska's carry rights just took a hit because of this stunt. And it caused Bloomberg to have a wet dream. I guess we will just agree to disagree.

It is offensive that we have to get training and background checked and pay a fee to exercise our right. Why? The criminals don't. You were close when you said "I believe if you can buy it, you can carry it. "

I am pretty chapped that I have been fingerprinted 5 times in five years, repeated background checks, random drug/ alcohol tests just to earn a living and exercise my rights. I have yet to even be accused of a crime and have to tolerate being treated like a criminal in waiting. The more we tolerate it, the further they push it.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
Yes agree to disagree.

I guess you do not understand that no matter what we do Bloomberg and others will continue to do what they do. Go lock your guns in the safe and hide under the bed and it won't make one stinking difference to them. They will still come for you and your guns.

Years ago it was was Handgun Inc. Then it was the Brady Bunch. Then it was the Million Commie Mommies. Now it is Bloomberg.

Absolutely nothing you do or don't do will ever change that. The sooner you realize that the better.

"I'm a responsible gunowner crap go after those that aren't doesn't fly with these people."

I agree that anyone should be able to exercise their Right to keep and bear arms in any manner that is legal.

You disagree.

Can we also agree then as to whose side your on?
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2014, 05:10:16 PM »
Believe it or not I'm 100% on your side.

These are rights are forefathers enjoyed and through the 2nd. Amendment guaranteed for eternity. Over time they have been slowly eroded away. I as others believe we can get them back one battle at a time.

I think actions like these bypass the battles and go right to victory. Instead of celebrating we get set backs and more restrictions.

Of course I've been wrong before.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:22:43 PM by farmerbob »

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2014, 06:31:23 PM »
We have fewer rights, or more hoops to jump through to enjoy our rights, but we do have a few modern conveniences  to somewhat make up for it.

Their version of a shopping mall was a musket shooting at anything they could build a fire under. 

Sent from my VS950 4G using Tapatalk

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2014, 07:13:24 PM »
What could have possibly been gained by the sloppy Fat Guy & Boy Blunder posing for pics with their rifles inside a fast food joint? 

I am all for a demonstartaion of rights when there is a possible gain...in this case all there was is another national story & add a place on the list of anti gun establishments....

Everyone that I know that is not extremely pro-Gun, would not feel comfortable eating a burrito while these idiots pose for pictures with weapons that may be loaded...

I personally have no problem with it. I would be a little shocked because I have never seen anyone in any restaurant with an AR/AK...

I also don't see how someone is 'against the 2nd amendment' by not blindly supporting EVERY action taken by EVERY single person no matter what....As ling as it is legal.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2014, 07:27:11 PM »
^^^^^^^ I second this^^^^^^^

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2014, 08:16:24 PM »
It would interesting to see how a CHP holder might react to a couple numb nuts walking into a local eatery bearing long guns unaware of some organized publicity...I know my General Quarters bells would be chiming....and looking for an exit or the ladies powder room

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2014, 09:35:11 PM »
This isn't about the 2A. Your rights are only enforceable against the government. A private property owner can ban carry on their property. I understand a company doing this when a group of idiots do things as idiots do.

We need the rest of the people on our side, even if they aren't gun folks. Stuff like this only hurts us.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2014, 10:09:44 PM »

I found this to be an accurate representation of  the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2014, 10:36:12 PM »
Ok maybe it's about the 2nd. Amendment.  But still worth watching.