< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Another Victory For Open Carry!  (Read 13185 times)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
Another Victory For Open Carry!
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:19:04 AM »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline mercaptan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Another Victory For Open Carry!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2014, 10:09:51 AM »
http://news.msn.com/us/chipotle-dont-bring-guns-in-our-stores

I don't know about the rest of you all, but it seems like a loss to me.

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2014, 10:39:34 AM »
i go to chipotle once, maybe twice a week.  i saw "updated" and was hoping for something positive. 

where am i missing the point of the OP?

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2014, 11:03:56 AM »
Has anyone gone to any of the local stores to see if they have put up No Defense Zone signs?

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2014, 11:14:01 AM »
Another Victory for Open Carry! (100% pure sarcasm!!!)
What they were doing is technically open carrying.  I can't see any other outcome for what they did then what they got. So it must of been a victory for these MORONS!!!
The complete idiots that carry there AR15s & AKs to prove a point are hurting are cause.

I wonder how many are being paid to do so with Bloomberg's billions???
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:46:38 AM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
I wonder how many are being paid to do so with Bloomberg's billions???

now there is something I had never thought of, how many of these are plants. by the looks of these 2 guys, im not sure I even want them carrying weapons
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 12:18:12 PM »
Must be nice to be part-time 2A supporters! This is Texas the is no open carry of a sidearm. One can only carry concealed after jumping through the hoops like a trained puppy to get government permission. If a Texan wants to carry without a note from Mommy this is the only option they have. So according to some 2A Rights should be denied to anyone that does not carry in the manner you approve of. Whose side are you on?
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2014, 12:39:14 PM »
The list just continues to grow of gun friendly business that we used to be able to carry in that no longer allows carry of any kind because of a few trying to prove a point.

I guess I carry for protection of self and family. Not in your face for the cause of putting up more no gun signs.

The right way to support 2nd amendment would be give to gun rights groups not scaring hoplophobes.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2014, 12:46:29 PM »
Must be nice to be part-time 2A supporters! This is Texas the is no open carry of a sidearm. One can only carry concealed after jumping through the hoops like a trained puppy to get government permission. If a Texan wants to carry without a note from Mommy this is the only option they have. So according to some 2A Rights should be denied to anyone that does not carry in the manner you approve of. Whose side are you on?

I don't think anyone is talking about OC of a sidearm in a holster.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2014, 12:53:05 PM »
Some
The list just continues to grow of gun friendly business that we used to be able to carry in that no longer allows carry of any kind because of a few trying to prove a point.

I guess I carry for protection of self and family. Not in your face for the cause of putting up more no gun signs.

The right way to support 2nd amendment would be give to gun rights groups not scaring hoplophobes.

Sometimes you have to take a step or two back in order to gain some forward momentum.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2014, 12:53:43 PM »
I'm all for open carrying when done right. I guess there must be a few bad apples in every bunch. The problem is we don't need to give the gun grabbers more ammo to use against us.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2014, 12:57:30 PM »
That is their only option. I guess they should just give up. I can't believe Texas is so backwards on this.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2014, 01:08:25 PM »
I think Texas has some bigger problems to worry about. I heard somewhere that Hispanic population will be the majority in a few years and they vote around 75% for Democrats.

California may have better gun laws in 10 years than Texas.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2014, 01:19:26 PM »
I'm all for open carrying when done right. I guess there must be a few bad apples in every bunch. The problem is we don't need to give the gun grabbers more ammo to use against us.

Selective support of the 2A = My way or the Highway.

At what point will it be understood that it doesn't matter how much ammo we give or NOT give the gun grabbers. They have an agenda that they will keep pressing until they get what they want.

Again since there is no open carry of a handgun in Texas the only option for anyone wanting to provide protection for them or their families without a permission slip from their nanny is to carry a long gun. You then would deny them the Right to Keep and Bear Arms because it doesn't fit your ideals.

Tell you what: Back in the day I was a bad apple, a numb nuts or what ever else you want to call me and thousands of people in Ohio, Virginia and many other states. If it were not for those in your face demonstations you would not have what you have today thank you very much. Now when it comes time to stand up and make another statement too many of you Johnny-come-latelys want to hide under the bed.

You have no problem taking advantage of the work done by those that came before you, but forbid that you have to man the frontline and to hell with those that are willing to do so. 

Yup, sure, yesiree you sure are a big supporter of the 2A (as long as it doesn't offend your delicate sensibilities).
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »
^Thank you for you life's work. Well stated. ^

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 01:33:19 PM »
Well see I told you there would be a few who called this a victory. I only wish I was kidding. Tom Gresham has worked in gun rights for over 50 years and he surely he has done way more for the cause then either one of you yet he has no problem seeing things like this for what they truly are.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 01:41:12 PM »
Besides open carry is legal in Nebraska. These stunts only hurt our rights in Nebraska, I  can't speak for Texas.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 01:45:58 PM »
People that say they support the second amendment but not fully are a bigger irritation to me than the antis. Example: "I hunt but nobody needs a semi-automatic weapon or a thirty round magazine."

I am sure when a few brave souls threw some tea in the Boston Harbor that it was unpopular and viewed as extreme by those who feared reprisal. Not every step is going to be forward but will take us where we need to go.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 02:03:00 PM »
I'm sorry but if I saw this where I was eating I would go to code red grab my family and try to make an exit and hopefully they wouldn't make a move forcing me to pull.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 02:31:42 PM »
I'm sorry but if I saw this where I was eating I would go to code red grab my family and try to make an exit and hopefully they wouldn't make a move forcing me to pull.

Hmm.....

What would you do if they all were open carrying handguns?