< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2014 Annual Meeting  (Read 9695 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 2014 Annual Meeting
« Reply #60 on: August 23, 2014, 05:26:18 PM »
Heading back east from the meeting!  Had a great time!

I'm not gonna say any names......but I was surprised that I didn't see more of you guys who are active on this forum out there!

Big thanks to all who organized & contributed to make today a success!
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline AWick

• Steel Benefactor
  • Home is where your armory is.
« Reply #61 on: August 23, 2014, 06:45:42 PM »
You can say my name as one that wasn't there. I enjoyed it a LOT last year and was going to go this year too. However, my son had (minor) surgery yesterday so that changed my plans. Of course he's running around today like nothing happened,  well, almost 100%.

Don't worry, I'm sitting here scoping the forum in complete envy.

Hope everyone had a great time along with a great turn out!
"Well-regulated" meant well equipped, trained and disciplined... not controlled with an iron fist.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #62 on: August 23, 2014, 07:45:50 PM »
I'm just attempting to give everyone a hard time! 

The good news for you absentees is......since we were outside all day, I wasn't able to debut the NFOA slide show that I've been working on......well, the 99% finished product

I will plan on posting a link in the members only area tonight.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #63 on: August 23, 2014, 08:23:30 PM »
I would like to thank all who helped organize todays meeting, all who spoke and gave their time and expertize.
The meeting flowed well, was interesting, the lunch was great.
All capped off with some informal, and fun shooting opportunities.
I'm glad I went.

PS. Vote for Justin...

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #64 on: August 23, 2014, 09:52:25 PM »
Got the results from the Steel Challenge Fun Stage today, with a total of 25 guns shot on the stage.  (And we had quite a few more people than that at the meeting---what, you didn't think you should bring guns to an NFOA meeting?  :) )

Anyway, here are the results.  First list is by division type (Centerfire Pistol, .22 Rifle, or .22 Pistol) including all second gun attempts even though those don't count for bragging rights.  The second list takes me out plus eliminates all second attempts, and puts everyone together in order by final score.

A special congrats to junior Kaylee D. who borrowed my .22 rifle to shoot this, and got a rockin' third overall on that second list! (Dankert folks---you guys should come to the next Steel Challenge match at ENGC on October 19th---and if Kaylee brings .22 ammo, she is welcome to use my rifle again!)

Dang it, Sean outshot me with my own rifle.  [sigh]  I need to practice more.  Or make sure he has a jam on TWO of his runs, instead of just the first...

Good to see everyone at the meeting---and NEXT time, Chris doesn't get to set me up to look like an idiot by running an IDPA stage and pulling a miss in front of everyone!   :-[

Everyone should obviously sign up for Shawn's Tac Med class.  (Good stuff, huh?)  And I never was able to make it over to the Reaper Arms bay to shoot some of those guns, but I DO know that I've been slowly saving up money for an AR in .300 Blackout.  (Already have a silencer on the layaway plan....)  Gotta love that stuff.  Nice to shoot rifles without blowing out your ears!

Good to see/meet everyone out there today. 
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2014, 09:57:54 PM »
I would have liked to have attended but I had a work function today.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2014, 09:17:42 PM »
A quick question about the Steel Challenge setup in GI.
Was that Smoke and Hope that was set up there?
Just trying to compare to my past times.
Thanks Greg
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2014, 10:37:50 PM »
A quick question about the Steel Challenge setup in GI.
Was that Smoke and Hope that was set up there?
Just trying to compare to my past times.

It was a variant on Roundabout---but slightly more difficult.  (Targets a little farther back, rectangle definitely farther back, table start.) So, it won't match anything directly, but I'd say that it was about 0.6 to 0.8 seconds per string above my normal Roundabout times on average, if that helps.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2014, 09:28:38 AM »
I shoulda made the time to shoot the highly irregular outlaw SC stage Saturday, but NOOOOOO!  I was too busy helping with the IDPA demo and forgetting to tape all targets.  It was tough duty but still fun.   

:)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2014, 11:01:31 AM »
It was great meeting everyone. Thanks to all who had a role in planning and organizing the event. Sorry I wasnt able to be there for the morning events. It sounds like I missed some good stuff.

I came woefully unprepared bringing no business cards or pamphlets (didnt even bring a gun to participate in the shooting events  :'()

If anyone has any questions about the med gear I brought, Tac Med training or 88 Tactical in general I can be contacted through this forum or by email (swhittington@88tactical.com)

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2014, 01:44:06 PM »
Thanks for presenting Shawn. Your talk was interesting, and hopefully opened up some eyes to how unprepared many of us are. I thought the group was paying the most attention during your talk.
I wish I had known you wanted to shoot, you could have tried my 22 on steel!!

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #71 on: August 25, 2014, 03:12:17 PM »
It was great meeting everyone. Thanks to all who had a role in planning and organizing the event. Sorry I wasnt able to be there for the morning events. It sounds like I missed some good stuff.

I came woefully unprepared bringing no business cards or pamphlets (didnt even bring a gun to participate in the shooting events  :'()

If anyone has any questions about the med gear I brought, Tac Med training or 88 Tactical in general I can be contacted through this forum or by email (swhittington@88tactical.com)

- Shawn

Enjoyed your presentation immensely Shawn.  Great to have a chance to listen to the voice of experience.   Really though, working the night before and getting off at 7AM should have given you PLENTY of time to get prepared.  :) 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #72 on: August 25, 2014, 03:37:14 PM »

- Shawn

Glad you didn't have to kick me in the ba**s for having my tourniquet in its shrink wrap.  Thanks for presenting.  I thought you did a great job with the amount of time allotted.