< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Possible "PRICE WAR" this weekend at the Fremont Gun Show!!!  (Read 2770 times)

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Possible "PRICE WAR" this weekend at the Fremont Gun Show!!!
« on: September 19, 2009, 07:20:51 AM »
I have heard rumors that a few of the dealers are trying to get rid of some of their stock and will be "beating anyone else's prices" on certain guns.  It looks like those included could be GSG-5's, AK's, most 9mm pistols(including Glocks), and probably others that I didn't happen to hear about.  If you are looking for a smoking deal on a firearm, I'd suggest at least coming out to Fremont today or tomorrow to take a look.  The last time this happened, G19's were down to $479 out the door... could be less this time.

If I see anything in particular that may interest the members here, I'll update this from the show. 

One example: Brand new WASR10 hi-cap AK was marked last night for $459.  That's only $10 more than most online sources I have seen.

See ya'll there!!
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Mike M.

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Possible "PRICE WAR" this weekend at the Fremont Gun Show!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 02:20:55 PM »
Dont go picking up all the good deals there, save some for the rest of us. I will be out there tomorrow to help out. Should see me around opening.
Mike

USAF 82-88, American Legion, NFOA,  NRA

Offline WallPhone

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 05:43:07 PM »
I saw at least one (group of five tables) with a sign "we'll beat any price at the show!"

A whole lot of black rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Needless to say, the two people attending the tables were very busy.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 06:17:38 PM »
Dont go picking up all the good deals there, save some for the rest of us. I will be out there tomorrow to help out. Should see me around opening.

Good deal!! 

We(Wallphone, RLM5150, and I) signed up 56 new members and collected $140 in donations today. 

Still a few good deals to be had, but there are a few tables that were half cleaned off by noon.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »

We(Wallphone, RLM5150, and I) signed up 56 new members and collected $140 in donations today. 

Still a few good deals to be had, but there are a few tables that were half cleaned off by noon.

thats good news for NFOA, but bad news for me.  i was planning on swinging thru tomorrow morning as i head to west point for a car show my parents are in.  but if there isn't much there, should i even go?

are the military-style gun prices coming down?

ps - don't forget about lincoln's gun show the 26 and 27 @ lancaster event center.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 10:15:22 PM »
Don't worry, there is still plenty to pick from.   ;)

gsg-5's for $479, AK's for $459 and up, lots of AR15's(including the Colt .22's), plenty of pistols, etc.  
Ammo is still crazy expensive on most tables, but I did get 100 rounds of factory 240gr. soft point .44 mag ammo for $35.

Thanks again to Wallphone and RLM5150 for their help today, it was also good to see Mosin and Bullit(and anyone else I'm forgetting) there today as well.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 10:18:15 PM by FarmerRick »

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:59:12 PM »
Personally, I did not see any good deals at the Fremont show. The market is still OVER-priced and becoming OVER-saturated (ARs, XDs, etc.).  Seems like I see the same guns at the same FFLs' tables every 6 months. 
Be patient my friends.  I expect you will see MUCH lower prices come next year.  Kind of like the housing market.  Remember, an AR is still really worth about $500-600 like they were only 2 yrs ago.  And now that we are cranking down Iraq....more supply available.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 08:03:03 PM »
maybe i'm slow but how does cranking down iraq make more guns available to civilians in the US?
N0ZXR

Offline Burnsy87

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »
I just want 5.56 to be at lower prices.  Just grabbed an M&P15 MOE FDE at the Columbus gun show.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »
Personally, I did not see any good deals at the Fremont show. The market is still OVER-priced and becoming OVER-saturated (ARs, XDs, etc.).  Seems like I see the same guns at the same FFLs' tables every 6 months. 
Be patient my friends.  I expect you will see MUCH lower prices come next year.  Kind of like the housing market.  Remember, an AR is still really worth about $500-600 like they were only 2 yrs ago.  And now that we are cranking down Iraq....more supply available.

I haven't seen a "deal" on a gun at a show in Nebraska in the last 5 years   :-)

Same old overpriced junk getting carted from show to show.

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 12:39:50 AM »
maybe i'm slow but how does cranking down iraq make more guns available to civilians in the US?

It's because many of the same civilian makers of AR-15's make M-16's for our troups. The only real difference between the two is the trigger group. It stands to reason that if less uppers. lowers, barrels, butt stocks, foregrips, bolts, etc are headed to the desert then more are available here at home for civilian use.
Hope that clears up your confusion.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 07:48:13 AM »
I suppose that makes sense, thanks buck.
N0ZXR

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 05:31:33 PM »
if you see a $600 P30 or P30L, let me know, otherwise, sounds like "going retail" to me.

I might try to go to the Lincoln show on sunday... dunno.