< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ammo easier to buy, thanks to city council ???l  (Read 740 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Ammo easier to buy, thanks to city council ???l
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:14:56 PM »
http://journalstar.com/news/local/ammo-easier-to-buy-thanks-to-city-council/article_99b80baa-d38b-5236-b7e0-b9aa05a50535.html

It is currently against the law for stores to put shotgun shells and rifle cartridges in aisles for easy customer access.

But that is about to change. The Lincoln City Council is expected to approve a change next week that would eliminate that restriction, at the request of Scheels, and with the support of Public Safety Director Tom Casady.
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Ammo easier to buy, thanks to city council Print Email
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 12:56:07 PM »
 :o
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:11:26 PM »
What someone just had to ask?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 02:52:00 PM »
I posted earlier in the year (not gonna go find it) that SOMEONE made a stink a while back and Lincoln was "forced" to start enforcing this old law upon the locals. Walmarts and Scheels, etc were scrambling to try and find space for their shotguns shells, etc.

Sadly I was hoping the NFOA could be involved in this. I would love to get us in front of the Lincoln City Council. But looks like Scheels beat us to the punch.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane