< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: SCOTUS v MILLER  (Read 1381 times)

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
SCOTUS v MILLER
« on: June 14, 2014, 09:49:43 AM »
In the last several years there has been a tremendous number of people coming into the pro-gun movement. There is also decades of misinformation from the "anti's" that never seems to go away. Well before and during the formative years of the NFOA I penned a large number of articles on a variety of Second Amendmant subjects.

I do not expect anyone to seek out and read things I wrote years ago. If this is well received I will occassionally comment on and post a link to a previously written missive. The goal for this project is to provide factual background information to NFOA members that may be unfamiliar with some of the issues that led to the formation of this organization.

The first Subject that I would like to re-visit is Jack Miller and the Supreme Court. In a conversation that I had with Attorney Alan Gura (Heller and McDonald) last fall in Houston he indicated that since Heller and McDonald the Miller case is irrelevant. That may be so but it still continues to crop up on both sides of the issue.

Here are two links to articles that I wrote about Miller years ago.

The first one is a narrative of events based on the as complete court records as has been assembled.

http://nebraskanews.blogspot.com/2006/12/miller-truth-revisited.html

The second is a really in your face version of the first for those anti-gun folks that just can't seem to understand plain english.

http://nebraskanews.blogspot.com/2007/12/my-take-on-us-v-miller-again.html

The following link is all of the known court documents relating to Miller that I relied on for these articles.

http://www.rkba.org/research/miller/Miller.html

I hope you find this useful.

Gunscribe
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: SCOTUS v MILLER
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »
I certainly like reading these posts. I am always curious how some laws are deemed Constitutional. You have to really work to convince me any federal gun law does not infringe. I just paid $400 in tax stamps and $45 for photos and prints for $400 worth of NFA devices. That is crap!

Offline Gumby

• Powder Benefactor
  • Gentlemen, prepare to defend yourselves!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 12:26:47 AM »
Very fine historical overview, Gunscribe, and much appreciated!  8)

Offline RedBird

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 08:37:15 AM »
Thanks for posting this, Gunscribe! Great overview and very well written. I look forward to reading more of these in the future

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 10:38:16 AM »
You have to really work to convince me any federal gun law does not infringe. I just paid $400 in tax stamps and $45 for photos and prints for $400 worth of NFA devices. That is crap!

Obviously setting a "tax" (SCOTUS defination or not, it is still a FINE) does not affect criminals who by defination do not follow the law. Only law abiding people suffer the rules, regulations and cost.

It appears that the people voted into public off "to uphold the Constitution" see it as a ultimate form of power to chip away at the Constitution. In the process these politicians form laws that have the surface appearance of doing something good for everyone else while the underlying goal is to create another government office, with regulatory power and financial requirements all while making a name for themselves "on the books".

People generally see the money grab as boring, the govenment offices function outside contest and requlation, apathy quickly allows initial pain to disappear as politicians move onto the next money grab.

It is all about fleecing the sheep under the disquise of doing something good for the sheep.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 03:46:59 PM »
Thank you very much, Gunscribe, for the great reading.  Especially one that informs us of the real infromation behind the case.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2014, 06:28:46 PM »
It's obvious that old English law no longer applies because people no longer "ride about" on horses or carriages.   ;D