< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 88 Tactical TacMed Fighting Wounded Level 1 Tekemah  (Read 975 times)

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
88 Tactical TacMed Fighting Wounded Level 1 Tekemah
« on: June 16, 2014, 12:30:20 PM »
I have added two more Level 1 classes to our calendar. Aug 16th and Aug 31st. These will likely be the last ones of 2014 that I will have scheduled in Tekemah. Class size is limited to six students. You must have attended at least one advanced pistol class beyond a CCW course to enroll (can be from 88 Tactical or another schools equivalent).

Full course description, cost, and online registration can be found here (make sure to read the equipment requirements carefully. It will make for a long afternoon if you come unprepared); https://88tactical.com/categories/1-handgun/courses/20-tactical-medicine-level-1-tekamah/

Here is a sampling of the student feedback we have received on our Facebook page about our TacMed series of classes;

Aric- "I've taken both TacMed1 & 2 and it truly is my favorite series I've taken at 88T!!! I promote this series every chance I get as it's that good! Do yourself a favor and take a long hard look at this class! You WONT regret it!"

Jeff- "Completed Tactical Medicine I yesterday with Shawn. Incredible class! Anyone interested in learning how to help others in a medical emergency as well as handling their firearm safely and effectively in stressful situations should attend. Nothing like shooting defensively from the ground, clearing a malfunction, completing a reload, applying a tourniquet...all with one arm."

(The following is an unsolicited review written by one of our staffers who attended the Level 1 course on June 1) Jeff B.-" Memo: IF YOU TAKE ONE CLASS ALL YEAR LONG, CONSIDER TAKING THIS ONE!

88 Tactical's TacMed Level 1

Hey, I'm Jeff. I'm a police firearms and tactics instructor with 25 years experience in a large metropolitan area. I'm also on staff with 88T.

I've done my share of training over the years, but it's somewhat rare an instructor and his curriculum slaps you in the face and leaves you yearning for more. Our own Shawn Whittington's TacMed series is one of those transcendent experiences in your training habit you simply will not forget - it's that solid, that useful, that fun...

I recently went through TacMed Level 1 at our 160 acre training facility in Tekamah, Nebraska. This is really two courses in one; a heavy dose of lifesaving but easy to remember field triage (think TCCC stuff - hemorrhage abatement, shock management, tourniquets, wound packing, battle dressings, hasty slings and the like) -AND- advanced pistol work, much of it one handed from highly unorthodox shooting positions.

How useful might it be for you to know how to save your own life if you're bleeding out from a serious injury? How realistic is it that you might take a bullet from an assailant and fall down, or be dumped on your ass by one of these knockout game idiots or a garden variety purse snatcher, forcing you to fight off your back? It's a far cry more real world than killing paper all afternoon in your perfect isosceles stance. Indeed, the reality based application of the skills you'll develop here are nearly limitless, as are their practicality.

I can promise you this much, you'll leave more confident, fulfilled, filthy, maybe a little bruised, tired, edified, empowered and grateful!

So what will it be. You up for this?"

So now that Im done patting myself on the back here`s the deal. What are the odds you will need that sub 1 sec reload you`ve been working countless hours on to save your life? What are the odds that at some point you may need to provide immediate aid to someone who has been injured?

Maybe seriously.

Maybe you.

Thats what I thought. Everyone should have some basic medical knowledge and training. The kick ass shooting drills we do in this class are just a bonus (and potentially lifesaving if you are unlucky enough to not only be assaulted but seriously wounded)

I hope to see some more forum members in the next class. As always I am available to answer any questions or address any concerns.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: 88 Tactical TacMed Fighting Wounded Level 1 Tekemah
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 08:36:59 AM »
We have one spot left in the Aug 31st class if anyone is interested. This will be the last civilian TacMed class for 2014.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline TwoSwords

• Forum Member
Re: 88 Tactical TacMed Fighting Wounded Level 1 Tekemah
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 04:58:03 PM »
If you carry and have not taken a basic Trauma care class, this is the one.  Go for the Med, stay for the shooting.  Shooting one handed/injured is often overlooked.

Grade A class.  Kudos to Shawn.