< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: July 1st Kansas to become a 2A Mecca  (Read 2094 times)

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
July 1st Kansas to become a 2A Mecca
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:24:27 PM »
Among the huge comprehensive Gun rights bill passed into law this last session, including OC among others. This morning the KSRA met with members of committee of lawmakers, who have decided to allow ALL CCW permit holders to carry in, now hold onto your hats- the State Capital Building!!!   :o  :o  :o

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-06-19/capitol-be-open-all-legally-concealed-guns-july-1#1

THIS, people, is what happens when you grow a grassroots organization, support it it financially and volunteering your time! Obviously their PAC has also been hard at work promoting and getting the voters to the polls and the right people in place to make common sense laws!    You don't get to this point by building ARs in your basement, blasting 1000s of rounds downrange every weekend, talking smack on internet forums or staging OC events for all to see!  It takes time consuming, dedicated, boots on the ground, grassroots lobbying!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Re: July 1st Kansas to become a 2A Mecca
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 06:55:46 PM »

You don't get to this point by building ARs in your basement, blasting 1000s of rounds downrange every weekend, talking smack on internet forums or staging OC events for all to see!  It takes time consuming, dedicated, boots on the ground, grassroots lobbying!

Awesome for Kansas! 

Lets Go!   I think we should bolster our position by making "elections have consequences" this November!

The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:22:28 PM »
Final score Nebraska 31  Kansas 37.

They probably don't have much use for the Utah permit in Kansas.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:10:42 PM »
Now if only their alcohol lobby could get rollin', I could  become a Wildcat! :P

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:15:37 PM »
Can I add a dumb question about reciprocity?

Q:Could Nebraska CHP holders possible add a few more states if Nebraska would only allow reciprocity with states that allowed lawful carry with a Nebraska CHP?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 09:22:19 PM by farmerbob »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:43:25 PM »
I hate to hijack your thread NE Bull and answer my own question but it looks like Kansas accepts all other states CHP.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 10:39:13 AM »
Among the huge comprehensive Gun rights bill passed into law this last session, including OC among others. This morning the KSRA met with members of committee of lawmakers, who have decided to allow ALL CCW permit holders to carry in, now hold onto your hats- the State Capital Building

The only reason permitholders cannot carry concealed in the Nebraska State Capitol is that the building also contains a courthouse.

Open carry is lawful there, though.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:55 PM »
The only reason permitholders cannot carry concealed in the Nebraska State Capitol is that the building also contains a courthouse.

Open carry is lawful there, though.
Oh yeah. I guess what go to me most was the reasoning used in the KS meeting - they essentially said that "well since staff and lawmakers could CC in the capital, why not allow Joe Public with a CC permit to do so. If they have the permit, they are obviously persons we can trust."
 Thats just not a sentiment I would expect in NE unless we make some huge changes in elected officials.
as for the last tidbit, you first CitizenClark. ;)
Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:07:53 PM by NE Bull »
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 05:10:28 PM »
So there is actually a good reason to go to Kansas besides a Twister ?

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline TwoSwords

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 10:25:33 PM »
I have created this document for talking points when discussing with your legislators.

You can use Kansas as the example for gun and knife freedoms, make them point out all the massive problems in Kansas with all the law changes we made.

There are none.  And that drives home the point.  NE and KS are not that different.  Small towns, farmland and a few tough cities.  Omaha/KCK

http://www.neccw.com/docs/KS_vs_NE.pdf

KS like UT moved to the We accept any permit model.  That alone adds a few because a few states  have in their statutes, we will accept theirs if they accept ours.

NE and KS CCW Instructor