< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Vacationing to St Louis  (Read 988 times)

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
Vacationing to St Louis
« on: June 22, 2014, 08:34:17 PM »
I have my NE CHP. Does any one have practical experience carrying around St Louis,  my dad lives in one is the  outskirt towns.

I know we are planning on visiting Grants farm, a local "fun center" place, and a night at the Muny theater.  The wife and I are also planning a date night.  (Restaurant not bar)

Any advice.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:49:14 PM by cftj »
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Vacationing to St Louis
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
My home town.

MO recognizes NE for CCW reciprocity.

But..................Be sure to read up on all the CCW rules for Missouri, then check to see if St. Louis has any special CCW rules, ordinances, or laws of its own.   St. Louis, like Omaha, has always considered itself to be a separate entity unto itself.

For example, in the 1870s or so, it seceded from St. Louis County.   The City of St. Louis is not in any Missouri county.   Blank space on my birth certificate.   Always have had official forms returned to me on that one.   City police do not report to the mayor's office; they report to the governor of the State of Missouri.   Goes back to the Civil War.   Many peculiarities there.

As a further example, I seem to recall that CCW is not allowed on public transportation in St. Louis.   But--YOU check everything out personaly, yourself, before carrying in town.  Plenty of MO/StL CCW info on the web.

And you will feel much better with some concealed Social Security as you go around the inner parts of the city or North St. Louis County.   It's a jungle out there.   Lotsa druggies, muggings, murders, etc.   At least, it was last July when we visited.

Many public places are posted.   The St. Louis Arch (actually, federal facility), for example.   I had to stay outside and wait for the rest of the group to finish their tour.   Our hotel on Grand Avenue was posted.   Watch for the signs.  But....be sure to do your web research and read the fine print in the laws.

Plus.....St. Louis is totally surrounded by over 100+ different little municipalities, cities, whatever.   A good many of them have their own ordinances regarding handguns.   Including some where written permission from property owners is required before entering with a handgun. 

Good Luck.

sfg
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 11:27:14 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 07:46:15 AM »
SFG...  I knew you were old, but didn't realize you were born in the 1870's ....  :)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 08:45:16 AM »
SFG...  I knew you were old, but didn't realize you were born in the 1870's ....

BG

Before Glock.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »
See pic.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2014, 06:26:14 PM »
Thanks for the info. 

I have read what I can online.  The one thing I like, is that as I read it the info from the Highway Patrol, carrying in a place that is 'prohibited' is not a criminal act, unless you don't leave, then you can be fined.

Of course, staying off the bus and tram.   They take that serious.
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV