< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: .380 Ammo Sighting!!  (Read 4351 times)

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
.380 Ammo Sighting!!
« on: September 23, 2009, 12:26:45 AM »
I post this only because I've been looking everywhere for .380 target rounds for the last two months. .380 Personal Defense... no problem, but that's not what I'm taking to the Bullet Hole.

Went into Guns Unlimited Monday afternoon... they got a sizeable shipment of Winchester 95 grain FMJ .380 target/range rounds in over the weekend... boxes of 100 and 50.

I'm not trying to advertise for them, and if this post is in the wrong place or inappropriate, please delete it. I just thought there might be other LCP-toting NFOA brothers and sisters out there who have been looking for some .380 target rounds. Dang thing's no fun if you can't find any ammo to practice once in awhile!

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: .380 Ammo Sighting!!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 08:34:49 AM »
.380 Personal Defense... no problem, but that's not what I'm taking to the Bullet Hole.

What?  You are not made of money?
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 01:10:04 PM »
.380 Personal Defense... no problem, but that's not what I'm taking to the Bullet Hole.

What?  You are not made of money?

Strangely, no... however, it didn't keep me from buying 400 rounds of .380. My credit card will be my downfall... buy hey, what good is a gun with no bullets? I mean, think of the bullets as an INVESTMENT in the gun.

At least that's what I told my wife...

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 01:43:17 PM »
And did she buy that reasoning?

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 05:03:26 PM »
And did she buy that reasoning?

If, by "buy that reasoning"... you mean she rolled her eyes and walked into the other room... yes, yes she did.

:-)

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 08:15:46 PM »
Seems there's a bug going around that causes women to do that my wife did the same thing when I told her I had to buy .223.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Toster

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:06:20 AM »
You mean you actually tell your wives???

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 01:53:24 PM »
I always get caught. :-[
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 09:30:59 PM »
im lucky im not married......yet!  i got just over a year.

thats why im loading up on ammo and guns now, cuz after im married, the fun ends!  (well the buying guns and ammo fun anyways.)
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 09:58:27 PM »
im lucky im not married......yet!  i got just over a year.

thats why im loading up on ammo and guns now, cuz after im married, the fun ends!  (well the buying guns and ammo fun anyways.)

Not always, or completely, but yeah...it does slow down the "fun train" quite a bit.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:13:18 PM »
I'll agree it just makes it a little longer process to decide if you really want to buy it. Used to be a simple yeah I want the gun then buy it. Now you have to ask yourself if the gun is worth the trouble you'll be in should you get caught (or in my case WHEN you get caught.)

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 11:33:04 PM »
It still comes down to the family's economics and spouses perception of firearms.

Being married +/-1
Married with job +1
Each child +/-1 (depends on age)

So get the new spouse up on the enjoyment's of the family trip to the range for some plinking. 
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 11:56:23 PM »
Come on Randy then your in my position and I need to buy one gun for the wife for every gun I get for myself, and the child is trying to get me to catch her up with us.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2009, 12:14:20 AM »
So get the new spouse up on the enjoyment's of the family trip to the range for some plinking. 

ive had her shooting a few times at my parents or friend's places where we just shoot a few targets and spray paint cans.  she never was big on guns even tho she was from a farm in nebraska.  her dad and brothers are a different story.  in a (somewhat) related matter when i was going to ask her dad for permission to ask her to marry me, her dad, older brother and i were shooting some guns.  her brother had my Yugo AK47 and her dad had my S&W AR15..... needless to say i chickened out and failed to ask him that day.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 12:47:39 AM »
Come on Randy then your in my position and I need to buy one gun for the wife for every gun I get for myself, and the child is trying to get me to catch her up with us.

Maybe worse, my daughter who lives in North Carolina called and wants to get her CCP but needs me to send her a handgun and money for the class. This same daughter enjoys shooting my Ruger GP100 and prefers shooting .357 Magnum loads. She, has taken  a second job delivering Pizza's (scary).
I have a Snubby for her in .38 Special +P on hand. Looking for a reasonable FFl to have shipped to the Pawn shop she spoke with wants $50.00 outrageous. (East Coast)
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 01:07:20 AM »
My wife got really mad at me once. I waited a month to tell her I bought a gun.  So after that I would call her after I just bought one.  Then it was ok!  I all ways get the question "How many do "we" have?"  Well, I say I think around 40.  If I have 35 then that give me room to grow. ;D

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2009, 03:39:11 AM »
The trick I have been told that works is to ALWAYS take a couple of gun cases to every gun show you attend, one pistol one rifle. Then she doesn't know if they left empty and came back full or left full and came back empty. Unfortunately lately I have not been able to attend any gun shows. Seems I either have to work or something comes up that prevents the trip. So for the sake of actually maybe attending I have decided to NOT GO TO THE LINCOLN GUN SHOW (you hear that fate? I'm NOT GOING!).  ;)

Of course my wife has a super power! It has been getting stronger, the last 4 times I have been looking at guns or ammo (in bulk) I'll be sitting there trying to decide if I want to make the stretch, and all of a sudden the phone rings. "what you up to?" Uhhhhhhhhh. crap busted.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 03:43:06 AM by rugermanx »

Offline wwhuskerman

• Former Nebraskans
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2009, 01:17:51 PM »
So....... did anyone actually pick up any .380, or should I rename this the "I need info for my research paper called "Weaponry Procurement Techniques and their Relative Degrees of Success in the Maintenance of Harmonious Spousal Relations"....?

;D

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 10:02:30 PM »
Sorry I get distracted. oh something shiny...............

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »
 I have convinced my wife that I need to buy 3 guns a year since I didn't buy enough during the first part of the marriage. Added the fact that our daughters are at dating ages, her cousin has 40+ more and have never bought a gun or traps with the excuse they were for her like her dad did to her mother.
Helps to have my own checking account and she does know where the keys to the safe are. Oh ya, I ask her to go shot or attend a gun show. She never goes so that leaves me free to have fun, not that I don't wish that she would enjoy it more.
USN 83-87, American Legion