< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 500 S&W  (Read 1245 times)

Offline FKSSA

• Volunteer Recruiter
  • NFOA Full Member
500 S&W
« on: September 24, 2009, 07:40:08 AM »
I need a little help. Someone wants to trade me a 500 S&W and I'm not really to knowlegable when it comes to hand guns. This one is a Smith and is stainless with a 8 3/8 inch barrel has only been shot 10 times. It has the case and all the paperwork. Could someone give me an idea of what its worth? I would probably only use it for trading stock so I dont want to get to much tied up in it. Thanks for any and all help.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: 500 S&W
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 07:54:01 AM »
I'd suggest that you do a search on http://www.gunbroker.com/ for same or similar models.  That should give you a good idea as to what it would be worth.  (Looks like they start around $800 and go up from there.)
It all depends, for someone like me who has no interest at all in such a beast of a hand cannon, I wouldn't pay more than a couple hundred for one.  For someone that is actively searching for one, it should be worth top dollar.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:00:27 AM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:35:27 AM »
Did it come with the dually wheel kit (with travel-lock)? 

Honestly, I can't see a reason for one of those, other than "to sell".
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 01:52:45 PM »
Another good website for checking values is gunsamerica.com Spend far too much time there.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin