< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: OC  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: OC
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2014, 05:31:07 PM »
Extreme Cake Act of 1994 seems to have a bake sale loophole where one can buy unlimited cupcakes without a body cavity search as long as they have no sprinkles
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline karl

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2014, 10:57:14 AM »
Last week I was at a cell phone store in Council Bluffs, IA and a young man walked in OC. I actually caught myself staring at him as he entered the store because it caught me so off guard. We left the store about the same time, he did tell me he was not in law enforcement. I realize it was not in Nebraska, but the first time I have really noticed someone OC. Just my OC story,,

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2014, 03:07:17 PM »
Dan can be a tuff Administrator, but I think we have found his weak underbelly!

To let everybody know I am not all "Hog to myself" I declare Saturday Open Carry Chocolate Cake Day at Guns 2 Roses.

Come in, introduce yourself, get acquainted, and I will have the better half whip you up some Chocolate Cake & Ice-cream. 

O, yes, & you guys can Open Carry if you want. 

See you Saturday.   

Guns 2 Roses
100 North 1st Street Suite 5 & 6
Lincoln NE 68508

« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 03:11:22 PM by Gary »

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2014, 03:42:54 PM »
This would be right after the NFOA monthly breakfast boys and girls!
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2014, 03:59:32 PM »
Last week I was at a cell phone store in Council Bluffs, IA and a young man walked in OC. I actually caught myself staring at him as he entered the store because it caught me so off guard. We left the store about the same time, he did tell me he was not in law enforcement. I realize it was not in Nebraska, but the first time I have really noticed someone OC. Just my OC story,,

What does this have to do with open carrying cake? What kind of cake was he wearing?  Was it in a pancake holster?  Pics, or it didn't happen.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2014, 04:33:00 PM »
This would be right after the NFOA monthly breakfast boys and girls!

If you guys all come at once, I only get to eat once.  If you guys spread it out all day long, it would be right un-neighborly not to have a little cake and ice cream with each of you! 

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2014, 04:34:16 PM »
RSVP, so I know how much cake to get.  Don't want to purchase too much and end up eating it all myself!  lol

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 10:10:12 PM »
So if someone was to legally own a M60 machine gun in full battery, bazooka or shoulder fire weapon, it would be ok to carry those in any store that allowed open carry? I know this is in the extreme, just wondering when open carry becomes extreme.

Then I am guessing my .45 acp is extreme and everyone should be satisfied with .25 acp or .22?
The whole point is that when ANYONE starts setting limits, LIMITS are set. Is my 1911 a military style weapon? Apparently, nobody needs military style weapons. (from what I have learned from various media and political sources). Nobody is afraid of flat screen televisions or smart phones...why is a modern style rifle (AR) not equally accepted? (I accept it just fine).
Again, when anyone starts setting limits, limits are set. Once a limit is set, only thing left to do is find another limit to set. As long as someone has or does something someone else does not like, a call for limits will ensue. It is easy to take away and difficult to get something back. If you stand on the pro-gun side, accepting limits is the quick path to eventually ending up with nothing since there will always be someone wanting to control you until you have nothing they can care about.

If open carry of a long gun concerns you, then you could be more concerned about the individuals carrying concealed that are not legally allowed to have a firearm. The number would surprise you. That doesn't include the people illegally carrying but could legally have a firearm. That number would surprise you (but don't expect poll numbers...most of both instances don't participate in polls).

Oh, I get it...what you don't see can't hurt you.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2014, 10:29:30 PM »
I have plans already. I did enjoy visiting with you last time I stopped by. Cake would have been even better.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
OMG! Oh noes! Cupcake ban !
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 10:07:22 PM »
http://dailysignal.com/2014/07/13/nanny-stater-week-needs-cupcakes-candy-pencil/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social

“We’re not just talking about one cupcake a year, we’re talking about 25 cupcakes a year,”
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.