< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Just A Bear With A Milk Can On Its Head  (Read 952 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Just A Bear With A Milk Can On Its Head
« on: July 07, 2014, 09:34:36 PM »
Happy ending

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Just A Bear With A Milk Can On Its Head
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 07:59:13 AM »
Well..............

That was a very nice bear rescue.   But entirely without any kind of personal touch.  Sorta mechanical in its performance.

Now........
There are any number of NFOA Forum members who would have just pulled the milk can off the bear's head manually.   By their own Human Hands.  Gary woulda done it if he'da been there.

And spared all that corn that got mashed.  Nebraskans respect corn.

sfg
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 08:41:06 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Just A Bear With A Milk Can On Its Head
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 03:39:14 PM »
It would take someone with large gonads to walk up to an adult bear in a predicament like that.  Yes, his teeth are in the can, and once the can is off, he will more than likely run off, but his claws are not in the can.  One would very likely get seriously hurt trying that rescue attempt bare handed. 

I think you could walk a fence post and fence post driver out to the bear, and chain the milk container to the fence post.  I think the bear might of been able to remove it himself, if the milk can were fastened to something.

A vet with a dart gun world be the prudent solution.  (but I might try the fence post first)