< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Steel Challenge - July 27, 2014 @ ENGC  (Read 7284 times)

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Steel Challenge - July 27, 2014 @ ENGC
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »
My 1st e-mail gives me my registration info only.

My 2nd gives me a link , click here to squad. Takes me to a login page.
Blue button requires log info and password. Header bar login takes me back to that same login screen with the blue tab.

The link from JTH will get me to the squad page, but can't seem to do anything.

I am using a droid tablet. Could that be an issue?
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2014, 10:39:47 AM »
I tried with my android phone first.  Then I tried chrome and Firefox on my desktop.  Same behavior so not the droid.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2014, 10:43:05 AM »
My 1st e-mail gives me my registration info only.

My 2nd gives me a link , click here to squad. Takes me to a login page.
Blue button requires log info and password. Header bar login takes me back to that same login screen with the blue tab.

The link from JTH will get me to the squad page, but can't seem to do anything.

I am using a droid tablet. Could that be an issue?

Not a droid issue. 

Both emails I get give me a squadding link.  The link I posted shouldn't allow you to squad---like I wrote, in YOUR link there should be some characters after the stuff I posted.  Are there?  It should be a code specifically identifying you to the program.

If you hover over the link your were sent, are there what seem to be random characters at the end?
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2014, 10:54:45 AM »
On the 2nd email, click here to squad, takes me to the login screen that only asks for login and password.

Says, login to practical match. I see nothing else besides the login andcancel buttons. Below that is, forgot password.? Down in the black bottom is copyright practical matches 2014.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2014, 01:02:12 PM »
Maybe there should be another division, like those who Practiscore likes and who it doesn't?  :)

Regardless, I'll be there with my $15 and let the chips fall where they may. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2014, 01:29:16 PM »
For some miraculous reason, my 2nd email link allowed me to squad properly.

Ronald Reagan

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2014, 03:26:47 PM »
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my hands on a malfunctioning device while the problem is occurring. I got to see Kozball's android tablet but the first time he tried the email link while I was there it worked fine and he was able to squad. *Shrugs*

My IT side wants to recommend the following:
-Clear your cookies and internet cache (saved passwords, etc), restart your browser by closing all open windows (and wait a few seconds), then re-open the browser and try again.
-Try a different browser.
-Try a different device.

If you have the problem across multiple browsers (with histories and saved data cleared) or multiple devices it likely eliminates your hardware and software as the issue and it's something wrong with Practiscore. (Because it's highly unlikely you'd have the same problem with multiple browsers or devices unless you set every single thing up with the same bad settings)

If the problem doesn't persist across multiple browsers or devices, the problem lies with the way your software or hardware is configured. I wouldn't be able to know for sure where the problem lies without seeing it in person.

Hope this helps at least one person. Sorry you're all having trouble. :(

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2014, 06:46:51 PM »
As a comment---I've never had any trouble squadding at all using Firefox on a home computer.

Never tried to squad using a mobile device at all.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2014, 09:34:01 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I just wanted to ensure I wasn't doing anything wrong.  If my hardware/browser/cookies settings aren't compatible... oh well.  :)
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2014, 10:49:21 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I just wanted to ensure I wasn't doing anything wrong.  If my hardware/browser/cookies settings aren't compatible... oh well.  :)

Since you shoot a pistol that was designed early in the 20th century, is your computer of the same era?  ;D

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2014, 05:03:02 AM »
Since you shoot a pistol that was designed early in the 20th century, is your computer of the same era?  ;D

Fly

:)  I dunno.  It's a mid-2010 iMac running 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).  Maybe it's starting to feel its age.  I could update it to Mavericks OS/X version but I'm pretty satisfied with it as is.  And regardless, it's still approx. 838x better than any MS OS POS out there.  (Did I mention I detest all things Microsoft?)  :)

I could probably troubleshoot this issue and make it work but I do that all week, every week.  I don't need the headache on the weekends.  It's not that important.  :)

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2014, 06:39:53 AM »
It's a mid-2010 iMac running 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion).

Holy cow!  They have those in Platte County?!

Did I mention I detest all things Microsoft?

Me too x10.  You know what they say...Once you go Mac, you will never go back.

It's not that important.

BUT you could get squadded with that one guy.

See you at the match.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2014, 05:05:44 PM »
Lots of fun!  Great to see everyone. 

I think I did well in the "Pathetic" division.  I got both first and last. :)

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2014, 07:42:38 PM »
Agreed on the lots of fun, great weather, nice folks, and I shot better than last time!!
Thanks to all who organize, plan, and facilitate this event.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Mudnrox

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2014, 07:51:19 PM »

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2014, 09:25:59 PM »
Lots of fun!  Great to see everyone. 

I think I did well in the "Pathetic" division.  I got both first and last. :)

But you got second in your ACTUAL division, so I'm thinking "NOT pathetic."

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2014, 09:29:01 PM »
72 shooters on a day with just about PERFECT shooting weather.  Seriously, that was a good time.

(Well, other than my "hey, let's use ALL the rounds in this magazine!" string of fire on Smoke & Hope.  Yeesh.  Not good when you hear your entire squad laughing behind you at the end of the string...)

Good to see everyone out there, and if you WEREN'T there---boy did you miss out.  It was gorgeous out, and tons of fun.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2014, 02:33:13 AM »
But you got second in your ACTUAL division, so I'm thinking "NOT pathetic."

Well, I felt pathetic, particularly on the first couple of stages.  What are these bumpy things on top of the gun for?  :)

But again, I feel like I'm making progress with my shooting.  That's a victory of sorts. 

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2014, 02:39:17 AM »
72 shooters on a day with just about PERFECT shooting weather.  Seriously, that was a good time.

(Well, other than my "hey, let's use ALL the rounds in this magazine!" string of fire on Smoke & Hope.  Yeesh.  Not good when you hear your entire squad laughing behind you at the end of the string...)

Good to see everyone out there, and if you WEREN'T there---boy did you miss out.  It was gorgeous out, and tons of fun.

EVERYBODY needs to shoot these Steel Challenge shoots.  They're fun (nothing like the sound of ringing steel.)  They're a great benchmark for gauging your shooting skills.  You'll learn stuff, like the need to look at your sights and the value of trigger control.  And last but not least, you'll get to hang out with some great folks. 

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2014, 08:34:33 AM »
But again, I feel like I'm making progress with my shooting

Lorimor:

Please take heart from my own sterling example of ultra-rapid handgunnery progress.

In the past month, I've rapidly progressed from Total DQ to Absolutely Dead Last:  Open Class (35/35) to maybe 3-4-5 or so up from the very bottom of the Open classification in yesterday's Steel Challenge.

Growth at warp speed, that.

If you or anybody wants, I'll give certified lessons.   All that needs to be done is to pay for range fees, ammo, and loan of Kimber Commander or Officer's Model (or moral equivalent) for an indeterminate period of time.

Jeez....if I can progress so well so fast, I can teach you or anybody................

[Note:  This special offer only applies to SuperSeniors and Above.]

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer