< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln Gun show  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Lincoln Gun show
« on: September 26, 2009, 09:56:25 PM »
Went to the Lincoln show today. Did not see any price wars today. Actually went looking for LCP's. Found 3 dealers with them. One guy had one for $275, another had 3 for $265, umm little better. Then I found a guy with 3 for $385. Guess I should have went back and bought the 4 cheap ones and sold them to the other guy for a profit.
Who ever was in charge of setting up the tables needs some help. One area you had tons of room and others were so tight it was hard to see what people had. Have to say it was the saddest show I have been to in awhile. Not well organized and not very well attended by vendors. I guess I expected more for the first show at the Event Center.
USN 83-87, American Legion

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: Lincoln Gun show
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:22:07 PM »
There was also a show at North Platte today, there were a few dealers that are usually at the Lincoln show that headed west for the weekend.  
If you want sad, go to the Columbus show, about the size of a small high school gym, and only half full of tables the last time I was there 4 years ago...I won't be back.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 10:30:57 PM »
I was there 2 weeks ago at the fair grounds. It was a lot better than this one and there were 3 shows that weekend including one in Norfolk.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 10:34:06 PM »
Hmmm, good to hear...I may have to give it another chance.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2009, 11:39:12 PM »
yea its was ok.  i didn't buy anything but i was only looking for certain things.  it was ok, nothing spectacular.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2009, 12:57:13 AM »
I thought the Lincoln show was disappointing.  First I walked from the far parking lot to see the no CCW signs. >:(  Almost got in pickup and left.  Had to check it out since it was the first time there.  Seemed to be a small show with all the open space.  Hope it grows into the extra space in time.  Yes, some of the spaces between the table was to tight.  Also I always seem to talk to the wrong people.  I started talking to a guy about the No CCW signs.  He said: You never have been able to carry a loaded gun at a gun show.  I stated that the Fremont show you could.  This was his reply " Carrying a loaded gun at a gun show would be like walking around with a hard**" :o  I was stunned!  Then he said: That's why I am carrying a BB gun.  I told him that if you see a guy with a you know what, at this show then you will know he has a loaded gun and he is a non-law-abiding citizen! ;D   I sure hope know one noticed my hard** in Fremont. ;D   Did buy a unfired Russian SKS for $300 from a guy walking around.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2009, 07:39:45 AM »
I will say it, b/c it needs to be said.......RCR needs to decide who they are for... law abiding citizens i.e. CHP holders or the liberal left nut jobs.  This common reply of "our insurance company says we cannot allow it" is bull wad.  Prove it.  Scan the part of your policy  for this forum, or provide a posted copy at your next show.  The legal carrying of a concealed handgun doesn't seem to be a problem with the Fremont G.S. sponsors.  It doesn't seem to be a problem with the Tulsa G.S. sponsors i.e. Wannemacher(sp?), the largest in the nation.  It doesn't seem to be a problem for the Fort Worth or Dallas Gun shows. Seeing the pattern.  I bet these groups would be happy to provide you with a CHP holder friendly liability insurer. 
If the rest of the buildings at Lancaster Event Center are NOT posted by the owner (and yes, I verified it walking around, and verified previously by FarmerRick), then shame on RCR for their action.  
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 07:45:51 AM by bullit »

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2009, 03:52:51 AM »
I've only been to one gun show in my entire life about 5 years ago here in Nebraska with my uncle and I can't remember where it was. I plan on starting to go to them as frequently as possible starting in October, but you guys are seriously depressing me with this stuff. Sheesh, I hope there is SOME hope out there!
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly; now that...is very hard to do."

- Bruce Lee

Offline Eagle1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 09:42:08 PM »
There are good shows and bad shows and everybody likes different things.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 09:51:47 PM »
I've only been to one gun show in my entire life about 5 years ago here in Nebraska with my uncle and I can't remember where it was. I plan on starting to go to them as frequently as possible starting in October, but you guys are seriously depressing me with this stuff. Sheesh, I hope there is SOME hope out there!

Plenty of good shows coming up this fall:  http://www.nebraskafirepower.com/forum/index.php?topic=22.msg7659#msg7659

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 05:40:31 PM »
Yeah, I see where the shows are all listed I just don't know which ones generally have the same vendors at them. I don't want to waste my time by going to "duplicate" shows.
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly; now that...is very hard to do."

- Bruce Lee

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 05:46:51 PM »
Yeah, I see where the shows are all listed I just don't know which ones generally have the same vendors at them. I don't want to waste my time by going to "duplicate" shows.

They all pretty much have a lot of the same dealers in this area of the state.  I'd say if you hit every show in the state, about 60% of the dealers you'd see would be the same ones.  That doesn't mean they'd have the same exact guns at each show, but quite a few would be. 
You never know what you'll run across...I've found quite a few very good deals.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »
There's going to be alot of vendors that go to multiple shows. But you won't see shows that are the exact same as the one before. Even if you hit both shows in Fremont they won't be identical. You'll find good deals and you'll find some people that are just trying to hose ya. Only  way to find out is to start hitting em up.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 05:58:11 PM »
There's going to be alot of vendors that go to multiple shows. But you won't see shows that are the exact same as the one before. Even if you hit both shows in Fremont they won't be identical. You'll find good deals and you'll find some people that are just trying to hose ya. Only  way to find out is to start hitting em up.

That makes sense. Thanks for the information.

- Bruce Lee

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
Gun show's in general
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 11:26:09 AM »
I wish the show promoters would publish a list of the vendors with contact information.  I lost a business card of a vendor I'd like to reach for some followup business.
NRA, USCCA, NFOA

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2009, 12:37:32 PM »
Whats the name of the vendor? maybe we can help...
N0ZXR

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »
Go to NebraskaGunShows.com and click on the dealer directory, there is a list of business cards there that you may recognize. Not all dealers help support the site, but it may be there. Also a description of the dealer and what the general items they had for sale might help, I know most of them.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.