< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Took the boy shooting today......  (Read 1328 times)

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Took the boy shooting today......
« on: September 26, 2009, 11:30:11 PM »
...... cap and ball .44 revolver, Kentucky Flinchlock and a .22 Savage Cub.

Had a great time, and as we were nearing the bottom of the box of .22 ammo, the boy (all of 6 years ancient) sez:

"We shoulda brought a really bigger box of bullets.   That way we wouln't shoot them up so fast."   ;D
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Took the boy shooting today......
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 01:08:10 AM »
And there's a boy that knows. Well taught and congratulations.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 03:39:10 AM »
Jim between your daughter and your son you will be buying firearms for some time.
Happy for you and your family good job enjoy your teaching.

It is not so much today that I fear it is tomorrow and every youth taught today with a positive, safe  firearm  handling experience is an investment in our future free America.
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 07:55:10 AM »
Good job Jim - it's everyone's responsibility to make sure shooting gets passed the next generation.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:43:52 PM »
I kinda embarrassed myself with my inability to hit a hedge apple at 25 FEET with the flintlock ( I used to hit bowling pins at 75 yards 2 outa 31)....... I pulled the EMP and made hedge applesauce after the 6th roundbal missed ........
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.