< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Powered Milk Fireball  (Read 705 times)

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
Powered Milk Fireball
« on: July 18, 2014, 12:41:33 PM »
I used to make these every 4th of July, and I'm going to a shooting outing tomorrow where I was thinking about making one just for the heck of it.

I do not know about legal issues with this so if you decide to do it don't blame me if you get in trouble, all parts can be easilly legally purchased.

anywho, I'm sure some of you have done this, but if you haven't its a hoot.
Parts list
1. bucket
2. drill with bits
3. fuse
4. blackpowder
5. waxpaper or napkin
6. powdered diary creamer
7. match

take a bucket drill a small hole in the side toward the bottom, small as in, only big enough to put a fuse though, green waterproof type
take a container of blackpowder pour into bottom of bucket, I use about half a container blackpower. I then put a layer of wax paper or napkins ontop of the black powder, then i dump powdered milk or powdered creamer ontop of the napkins. the correct ratio is hard ot get and I've never actually measured, just eyeballed and poured.

wait until dark, light that fuse and make sure nothing that can catch on fire is too close, the blackpowder will ignite and create a giant cloud of diary creamer which will then combust into a giant cloud of fire.

it will not explode like a bomb because nothing is under any pressure, the bucket holds it in place and directs it upwards.

WARNING if you have to go gun to put out a fire, watch your eyes, there can be powder in the air around where it fire ball was and it hurts to get in your eyes.