< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pistol Powder  (Read 4154 times)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Pistol Powder
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2014, 10:11:06 PM »
I've got this much AA#5:

3.5"diameter X .075" deep, measured in a clear plastic container.

Just poured it out from the original powder canister to measure it and see how much remained.

I've been using 5gr behind a 115gr 9mm BerrysBullet for very light 9mm target loads.   It has been on the shelf for a while but shoots just fine, as do most powders that have been properly stored.

There's just enough powder to mess around with a bit.   You are welcome to it for freebie if you wish.
    MHicks of this Forum very nicely gave me some Promo a few months back for free.   So I'd like emulate his generosity by likewise giving away the AA#5 if you want it.

Would have to figure how to get it down to Lincoln.   Maybe my Lovely Daughter-UNL Student would haul it down.   Hardly enough powder to make it worth a round trip to Omaha and back.

Your move.

sfg

Pm heading your way sfg. I am campus three days a week so I am sure we can work something out. Thanks

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »
DE has autocomp... hope it helps someone

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »
Went to Scheel's in Lincoln today and they had a pretty good selection of powders, mostly rifle.  There were probably 20 or so different ones listed.  No Varget or TAC which are my favorite for rifle, but I did pick up some H322 and IMR 8208 XBR to try in my Grendel.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2014, 10:28:26 PM »
Randy at Thunder Alley has a little bit of pistol powder. Win 296, h113, accurate either 2 or 5.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2014, 01:34:13 AM »
I was at scheels several weeks ago and they had 2lbs of tac. Passes them up. I'm trying to stay with the same powders h335 for 223. De as has varget. 

Gsd I will have to call randy tomorrow to see if he still has any aa5 still need to stock up! Thanks for the info