< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ProAm Steel Competition - August 31, 2014 @ ENGC  (Read 2195 times)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
ProAm Steel Competition - August 31, 2014 @ ENGC
« on: July 30, 2014, 02:50:22 PM »
Eastern Nebraska Gun Club will be hosting our 3rd Pro Am match of the year on August 31st! This match is very similar to a USPSA Action Pistol match but you have a hard time limit (and only the best shooters will have a chance of actually finishing a stage within the time limit) and all the targets are steel! Steel must fall to score and whomever knocks down the most steel targets in the match wins!

Ties are broken by the timed tie-breaker stage. Unlike the other stages, this one has no time limit and whoever finishes the stage fastest will win ties with competitors who have knocked down the same number of steel targets in the match.

Another fun change is that all competitors are limited to 10 rounds in a magazine (+1 in the chamber on a loaded start stage). This means that your ability to reload (and your choice of when to reload) becomes extremely important!

This match is very fast paced and shooting steel is always a blast!

We have a strict attendance policy. If you are not in line to register and pay by 8:30AM, you will not be allowed to shoot!

Online Pre-Registration: https://clubs.practiscore.com/enps-pro-am-2-1230/register
Please note that you must show up prior to 8:30AM to pay and sign in with match staff even if you pre-register!

Match Fee: $15.

Schedule Is As Follows:
  • Setup will start at 7:15AM. We appreciate any help we can get with setup. The more people we have, the faster we can get shooting!
  • Registration closes at 8:30AM but you definitely want to show up sooner if you can. We will, as always, do our best to accommodate squadding requests but your chances are exponentially better at getting those requests fulfilled if you register online or show up very early on match day!
  • Safety and New Shooter Briefing begins at 8:40AM.
  • Shooters’ Meeting starts at 9:00AM.
  • Match begins immediately following the Shooters’ Meeting.
Equipment You Will Need:
  • A handgun chambered in 9x19mm or larger.
  • A holster for your handgun. It is highly recommended you get one designed specifically for your gun and not a universal holster.
  • Plenty of ammunition. It never hurts to have “too much” ammo. While you may not use every round, I always recommend a couple hundred rounds (in case of necessary reshoots or "make up shots").
Not sure what division you have the equipment for? This match is pretty simple. There are only two divisions: Limited and Open. If you have an optic and/or a compensator on your gun, you're in Open. Everything else falls into Limited! Specific equipment rules will follow USPSA rules for Limited and Open.

If you have any questions please reply to this thread or PM me! I will do what I can to help you out. :)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: ProAm Steel Competition - August 31, 2014 @ ENGC
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 03:00:12 PM »
How many stages will be set up?  Just looking at the number of available targets in any one stage, a lot of ammo and mags will be needed. 

http://proamshooting.com/STAGES/2014Stages.pdf

Any limits on the size of the wheelbarrow that will be needed to haul in the ammo from the semi to the range? 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 03:09:15 PM »
Ah, our ProAm match is not the same as the official ProAm match. It's our own version of it.

There are usually 4-5 stages involved. It all depends on how many volunteers we get to come up with stages.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
    • Midwest Tactical Solutions
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2014, 06:59:07 PM »
Could it be?!!? A match date I can make!

I plan on being there, and shooting in open with an otherwise stock 19 because of a surefire. It gives me the perfect excuse for getting my butt whooped.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2014, 05:58:17 PM »
Any thoughts on having pistol caliber rifle class?

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2014, 10:10:03 PM »
I'm really tempted to bring my M&P CORE with a red dot on it. I'll get my butt stomped in open class though.

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 09:06:47 AM »
Could it be?!!? A match date I can make!

I plan on being there, and shooting in open with an otherwise stock 19 because of a surefire. It gives me the perfect excuse for getting my butt whooped.

Nice. :) Will be glad to see you!

Any thoughts on having pistol caliber rifle class?

Greg58

This would be cool! I'd really enjoy it as I tend to like shooting steel with long guns more than handguns (if you've seen me shoot steel with a handgun you'll quickly figure out why :P ). I don't think there are any plans for it at this time though. :( I can certainly suggest it, however.

I'm really tempted to bring my M&P CORE with a red dot on it. I'll get my butt stomped in open class though.

It would be really fun though! :) Only score you need to worry about is yours, anyway, right?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 11:22:42 AM »

Hey, people shooting iron sights have beaten people shooting Open before in our Pro-Am---so you'll have just as much chance as everyone else!  :)
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 08:34:29 PM »
Indeed it will be fun. I have just as much a chance to come in last in either division, so why not!? :)

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2014, 12:26:46 PM »
Bump...
I'm in.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 07:05:06 AM »
FWIW this is the first time I signed up by Android phone.   No problem.

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2014, 04:10:49 PM »
Even though I sucked, both at shooting and movement, I had a great time!

Thanks to everyone who helped put this on!

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2014, 04:17:47 PM »
Glad you had fun, John! Happy you could join us. :)

Offline SeanN

• NFOA Full Member

Offline whatsit

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 04:09:38 PM »
I wasn't last! I'm so happy about that, I might as well have won the whole thing. :)

Offline wallace11bravo

• NFOA Full Member
  • Don't rush to failure.
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 04:38:28 PM »
I wasn't last! I'm so happy about that, I might as well have won the whole thing. :)

Ditto. I am actually surprised I was as high in the rankings as I was given my complete bombing of one stage, and generally sub par (compared to what I know I am capable of) performance on several others.