< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Its sad when people have to defend themselves with Wasp Spray instead of a gun.  (Read 1157 times)

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
So I get a Facebook posting from a friend of mine (yes, i have a friend who is anti-gun, please pray for her ha) and the posting says teachers and church employees should not carry a gun but a can of wasp spray.  Here is the post.

Wasp Spray -- A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could save your life.

Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School . For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed.

Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray the culprit in the eyes". It's a tip he's given to students for decades.

It's also one he wants everyone to hear If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray. "That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe get out." Maybe even save a life.

Please share this with all the people who are precious to your life.

Did you also know that wasp spray will kill a snake? And a mouse! It will! Good to know, huh? It will also kill a wasp!!!
And best of all, immobilize a human.

Ok here is my comment. Its pretty sad when teachers, & secretaries at church have to defend themselves with wasp spray instead of a gun. Nebraska legislatures its time to allow the citizens the right to protect themselves no matter where they are!     Please hit the link and hit subscribe.  https://www.facebook.com/Nebraskansforconcealandcarryeverywhere
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
It takes a good guy with a can of bug spray to stop a bad guy with a gun?

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline landon410

• NFOA Full Member
what do you want to bet you could get sued for improper use of it when it does damage to the bad guy, just saying i wouldn't put it past a jury t find the property owner guilty of something
like this because it'll say on the can avoid contact with eyes

now a 9/40/45 to the cranial cavity stops an intruder MUCH faster then a can of wasp spray.. because if you miss with wasp spray they're going to kill you

you miss with a gun most of the time doesnt matter they're running away

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
certain brands of wasp spray, along with a cigarette lighter would really ruin someones day!!!
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Wasp spray is all that my work will allow us to carry for dogs. Not that I would need it, but some of my co-workers don't understand dogs at all. I pet dogs that have bit them. I have only been chewed on by one dog and I knew it would happen before I even stopped. I put my boot out on the step and he started chewing, I nailed him with ether. The next time I came, I pointed and yelled for him to go lay down and he disappeared. The third time he was not there. I asked what happened to him and they replied that they had to put him down because the help wouldn't come to work any more. :o

My boss's boss has a CCW. I don't know if he carries at work but it is stressed that we are not to. I think it is because they don't want us shooting customers' dogs more than anything. :D