< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: IDPA Match Down Near Frankfort KS This Sunday 8/17/14  (Read 725 times)

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
IDPA Match Down Near Frankfort KS This Sunday 8/17/14
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:10:53 PM »
Since I want to get some more IDPA matches under my belt, I'm thinking about headin' down that way. 

http://www.doubletapdsc.com/   

Starts at 11AM runs to about 4PM I'm told.  Need about 100 rounds o' ammo. 

"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
Re: IDPA Match Down Near Frankfort KS This Sunday 8/17/14
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 08:57:08 AM »
Need a cover garment?

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:08:10 AM »
Need a cover garment?

I need none of your Day-Glo frillery.  I'm a serious shooter.  :)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:13:49 AM by Lorimor »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 09:05:41 PM »
Well, I went.  And I shot.  I felt I did okay.  They had a wide variety of stage designs, some of which would have the IDPA rules committee slightly upset.  :)

I was most proud of the SHO shooting four partially exposed targets on the move while carrying a child safety seat over to the bullet riddled Surburban.  I was down 0! :)  After tossing the seat into the Sub, and slamming the door, a swinger was activated and we shot it through the vehicle from driver's side window to passenger side window.   

I was least proud of shooting the "blue gun" target in the "terrorist invasion" stage.  I knew it was in the mix, but doggone if that blue gun just didn't look awful black when it came time to shoot.  I smacked him hard though.  3 very nice -0 hits.  (IDPA doesn't go for this.  If a weapon is displayed, it is to be black.  No other colors allowed.)  Still not sure why someone would be waving around a blue gun in such a scene.  They should be shot for stupidity IMHO.  :)

Another fun stage was after shooting 4 targets stapled onto trees at various angles and exposures (two each), then we reloaded and shot a pepper popper, which activated 3 sliding targets, which we were supposed to engage with one shot each, while seated in the cab of a 4 wheel "gator" type vehicle.  The first run I hit the popper, it fell but the popper didn't activate the slider.  The second go 'round down came three targets through the trees.  I opened up on them as soon as I could see them between openings in the trees and hammered on them 'til they were gone out of sight. 

Pretty good group of guys down there.  Not a bad place to shoot.  It's located in the northern fringe of the Flint Hills, which is gorgeous country IMHO. 

They had about 30 shooters and there were two other Huskers in the mix. 

The range is about 80 miles from Lincoln, located a little south and east of Marysville KS.