< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Im not suprised - LPD wants more "ASSUALT RIFLES"  (Read 2249 times)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
Im not suprised - LPD wants more "ASSUALT RIFLES"
« on: August 16, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »
In an article in todays LJS, regarding LEO's statewide buying and receiving military weapons and vehicles. 

If Lincoln Police Chief Jim Peschong had his way, all 145 of his department's squad cars would carry an assault rifle. About 10 M-16 rifles in the department’s arsenal of 80 have come from the military surplus program, at a cost of $250 each.[/i

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Im not suprised - LPD wants more "ASSUALT RIFLES"
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 04:53:40 PM »
I am not against the police having the same firepower as the criminals.  I want them to go home to their wifes and families after a day of serving.  Remember the L.A. Shootout where the bad guys wore bullet proof armor and doped up on pain killing drugs, then robbed a bank armed with AK-47s and other AUTOMATIC weapons.  The police had to go to a sporting goods store to get semi-auto AR 15s just to have NEARLY matching fire power.

I am also not against police having full body armor and helmets, or armored personnel carriers.  Or helicopters.

What I am against is those copters being gunships, and the armored carriers having heavy machine guns, and mortars, and using military tactics, i.e., SWAT teams.  Especially if those teams are used to check beer licenses, or to raid suburban homes at 4:30 AM to search for documents, without a warrant, etc..., and using flash bangs, stun gernades, etc..., 3 seconds after shouting "police" and then banging in the door.

Currently 72 government agencies now have heavily armed SWAT teams.  Who are they fighting against, or plan on fighting against.  Does the Library of Congress actually need a SWAT team?

It used to be that we had the National Guard do heavy duty when needed.   Right now we need the National Guard at our southern border, stopping the flow of illegals across the border, and we need to round up and deport illegals wondering our streets, illegally applying for SSN's, medicaid, and other financial welfare services, and we need to arrest employers who are hiring illegals, and "aid workers" who  are aiding and abetting illegal activity.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 04:41:04 PM by GreyGeek »

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Im not suprised - LPD wants more &quot;ASSUALT RIFLES&quot;
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2014, 08:43:22 PM »
Can you guys supply a link?  I don't get the paper... or normally read it but I would be interested to read what Peschong has to say. I have traded some emails with him about NFA items and I would like to read his commits maybe send him a reply...

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2014, 10:08:29 PM »
Found it......  http://journalstar.com/news/local/911/worst-case-scenario-weapons-come-through-surplus/article_6db01aca-cf86-54f4-9975-b67cd6d16e88.html

'He [Peschong] acknowledges that more law enforcement agencies use SWAT teams for what used to be mundane tasks, including serving civil papers, executing search warrants and making arrests, but he believes his officers probably can't have too many resources available to them.'

So, what I'm getting out of this is....when someone has a bunch of new toys, they just can't wait to use/show them off.
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2014, 08:39:49 AM »
'He [Peschong] acknowledges that more law enforcement agencies use SWAT teams for what used to be mundane tasks, including serving civil papers, executing search warrants and making arrests, but he believes his officers probably can't have too many resources available to them.'

So, what I'm getting out of this is....when someone has a bunch of new toys, they just can't wait to use/show them off.

Or....   He is saying his folks should have unlimited access to all kinds of firearms and his subjects should not have access to any.    Why else would he refuse to allow someone to undergo federal scrutiny and a many months to year long wait to obtain NFA items.

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 08:56:24 AM »
THANK YOU MR. MOELLER!

I believe you hit it squarely on the head.

The chief wants to arm all of his officers with "assualt rifles", yet us sheep have no right to the same weapon.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2014, 01:24:58 PM »
but my rifles havent assaulted anyone.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
but my rifles havent assaulted anyone.

Nor have mine....I guess they just look scary to some people (sheeple).
"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2014, 08:44:11 PM »
What's next breaching rings to blow holes in walls like they do in the 'Stan?