< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The recent shooting proves magazine size is important.  (Read 1211 times)

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
The recent shooting proves magazine size is important.
« on: August 17, 2014, 07:54:40 PM »
I know many federal and state legislators want to regulate the amount of ammo in a magazine.  Here is something that is not talked about in regards to the recent Ferguson shooting.

A recent video that came out today that overheard an eye witness verifying the policemen s account of the tragedy proves magazines should have no size limits. (lets say the policeman's account is true for this exercise)  If the policemen shot this guy anywhere between 4-8 times (depending on whose account you hear) it finally took one to the victims head to stop him.  If there were limits on ammo in magazines many more people will be killed.  Bad guys who are doped up (not saying this guy was) a couple to center mass might not stop them and a second magazine or one larger one is needed.  No matter how fast you are its always faster to pull the trigger than to reload a magazine.  The amount of ammo in magazines should not be limited by any law.

I hope this makes sense, in my head it does but sometimes i cant get my thoughts transferred to the written word as well as I would like.
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: The recent shooting proves magazine size is important.
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2014, 10:00:28 PM »
Most self defense shootings are resolved in three shots or less.  That said, with as easy as it is to carry 14 or 15 rounds in a compact handgun I see no reason to tempt fate and take the chance of running out.  No one loses a gun fight because they had too many rounds.  I do occasionally carry a 5 shot J Frame, but only when I want something stupidly light, like when I'm running or biking. 

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
Re: The recent shooting proves magazine size is important.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2014, 07:52:41 AM »
Why should the bad guys be better armed than the good guys?  These laws are meaningless to the crazies and the bad guys. 

Let's remember the Columbine whack-jobs did all their damage with 10 round mags.  What did the law matter then?  And thank God their propane bombs didn't work or the body count would have been much, much higher.  (Two cars in the parking lot had bombs in them that didn't go off.)  The poor, abused, self-absorbed babies had a BMW set to go BOOM! 

Disengaged parenting.  What a wonderful thing. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller