< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nancy Pelosi takes the bucket challenge  (Read 908 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Nancy Pelosi takes the bucket challenge
« on: August 20, 2014, 11:09:05 AM »
  well it had to happen, I just hope Hillary is next.

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Nancy Pelosi takes the bucket challenge
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2014, 01:02:06 PM »
I am surprised that the water didn't vaporize before hitting the target.  ;D
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2014, 01:22:53 PM »
I'M MELTING!!    :D   Ha.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2014, 02:01:18 PM »
Well, this event is about the only time I've ever been on the same page with Nancy Pelosi.

Ten years ago almost to this very day we lost a Very Fine Son to ALS.

And have missed him deeply every day since.

So--I still don't like Nancy, but I do like what she did.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 02:47:01 PM »
Ten years ago almost to this very day we lost a Very Fine Son to ALS.

So sorry that you have had to bury one of your children. It is a pain that burns deep in a mans soul, and changes one forever...
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2014, 03:10:05 PM »
DanW

Thanks for your kind comment.

Spit happens.   Life happens.

Just about Everyone gets some scars, given enough time.  Joe Dirt's mantra:  "Just Keep On Keepin' On" applies to all of us.   Remember the Good Times and thank God for those times.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2014, 04:23:19 PM »
I was hoping the bucket challenge queen nancy was taking was the one where she was kicking it, not getting poured on by it.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2014, 05:59:22 PM »
SFG I've been thinking about your post earlier this year as this "ice bucket" thing has been going on.  Our kids' pee wee football team is doing the bucket thing this weekend, and we'll be donating toward ALS research.   I understand ~$30 million has already been raised.

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2014, 07:02:13 PM »
I understand ~$30 million has already been raised.

Funding is mainly to sponsor research for a disease about which little is known.

Like the cause(s).   Until causation is established, attempts at finding a cure are like stumbling around in the medical dark.   (ALS appears to be related to muscular dystrophy, multiple sclerosis, and those other neuromuscular ailments that resist cure.  Because the cause is only speculative.)

Want to drive a highly qualified neurologist into depression?  ALS will do it.  They just shake their heads.  They try to buy the patient time, but it surely isn't quality time.

There's much more, but this Forum is a shooter's forum and not a medical forum, so we'll pull up here.

Funding for ALS research is a positive step.  If Nancy Pelosi helps that cause, I'll hold my nose with one hand and applaud with the other.

And HOO-RAY for the Pee Wee Football Team's efforts.   Hope they don't catch cold.
sfg
=========================================================
ADDENDUM
:  Beautiful Wife tells me that the Ice Bucket funds appear to be going to ALS National for enhancing equipment (wheelchairs, voice devices, CPAPs, etc.) to directly help ALS patients.  Either way, it's doing God's Work.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 08:16:29 AM by SemperFiGuy »