< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Any Chance this Group helps out in Omaha and Lincoln?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
Any Chance this Group helps out in Omaha and Lincoln?
« on: August 24, 2014, 09:54:22 PM »
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/08/22/group-targeting-local-gun-laws-threatening-lawsuits/

They sue cities that do not follow state laws in allowing citizens to open carry or conceal carry.  For instance Omaha doesnt allow open carry without a permit which is not following state law so they come in and file a lawsuit.  It would be nice if they did that in omaha and lincoln as you cant open or conceal carry in Lincoln parks.
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Any Chance this Group helps out in Omaha and Lincoln?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 10:06:33 PM »
It would be nice if they did that in omaha and lincoln as you cant open or conceal carry in Lincoln parks.

The only way the city can prohibit CC in a park or any other city owned property that is not expressly prohibited by CC law (e.g. schools), is to post the property.  I am not aware of any Lincoln city parks that are posted.  Though I have not been in too many parks lately.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 10:06:55 PM »
As far as I know, being as how the NFOA is a group funded solely by the contributions of our members I think we tend to pick and choose the battles we enter.

However, I'm not on the BoD nor privy to that information. As such, my observation is simply that, an observation.
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2014, 11:15:59 PM »
The SAF has backed the NFOA in a lawsuit against the city of Omaha and a suit against the State of NE to bring a couple laws in line with state and federal levels, respectively.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2014, 08:29:48 AM »
Brandon, the NFOA and the SAF have been working closely for years. Rod and I will be in the same room with them in just a few weeks. The SAF has approximately 25-30 active law suits running at a time. Both groups have joined together and won in Nebraska.

They have resources and specialized lawyers that know how to win these types of cases. There are priorities, however and as important as it is to us it is a minor issue in the grand scheme. The important thing to remember is that similar wins in other states makes a win almost a sure thing when it is filed in Nebraska.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2014, 08:41:39 AM »
Brandon, the NFOA and the SAF have been working closely for years. Rod and I will be in the same room with them in just a few weeks. The SAF has approximately 25-30 active law suits running at a time. Both groups have joined together and won in Nebraska.

They have resources and specialized lawyers that know how to win these types of cases. There are priorities, however and as important as it is to us it is a minor issue in the grand scheme. The important thing to remember is that similar wins in other states makes a win almost a sure thing when it is filed in Nebraska.

Thanks for your reply.  Please keep us up to date if there are any classes we can take or if they need volunteers.  I am more than willing to volunteer in any way I can
"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jay

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2014, 01:17:44 PM »

+1  Both are fantastic organizations that have already, and will continue to, work for us here in Nebraska. Kudos and thank you to all involved.