< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Sons of Guns TV show cancelled - Will Hayden charged w/rape  (Read 3006 times)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
Sons of Guns TV show cancelled - Will Hayden charged w/rape
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:28:17 PM »
Owner of Red Jacket Firearms Will Hayden charged with child rape.  There are a hundred links to stories right now via googling his name.  Choose one that you prefer from fox to tmz. 

The basics of the story is that Will Hayden (the dad/boss) of the show Sons of Guns has been accused of repeatedly raping a minor since 2013.  The show and business Red Jacket has cut all ties with him. 

This is a link to RedJacket and their statement of disowning him:

http://www.redjacketfirearms.com/

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline Randy

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • "Liberty or Death"---------"Don't Tread on Me!"
Re: Sons of Guns TV show cancelled - Will Hayden charged w/rape
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 11:04:28 PM »
Frekin pervert!
Let us never forget 9.11.01
 "She Never Begins An Attack, Nor When Once Engaged, Ever Surrenders:"
An American Guesser Oct.3, 1775

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 11:24:26 PM »
So we now assume guilt before being proven?

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 06:24:58 AM »
So we now assume guilt before being proven?

From what I've heard, this isn't his first time being charged with something like this.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 07:52:38 AM »
Re: Farmer Rick's comment.... these vile people never change and cannot be reformed....  It's only a matter of time before they re-offend.   

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2014, 10:06:29 AM »
"Charged with" does not mean "guilty of" or "convicted of".

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2014, 10:11:03 AM »
From what I've heard, this isn't his first time being charged with something like this.

He was recently charged with molesting this same girl, his daughter, but they dropped the charges. Now they are charging him with rape, so it is the same case. Innocent until proven guilty should not have to be defended on a pro-2A forum. If he is innocent, he will never shake the stigma of the charges. If he did it, nothing is too cruel or unusual. I will wait to see what happens before condemning him.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2014, 10:46:23 AM »
I don't believe they dropped the charges. He made bail after the first arrest, and the police arrested him again for another alleged incident with the same child. He was out on bail from the August 9 arrest when the picked him up again.

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2014, 12:33:10 PM »
I could be wrong but I believe the first charge came from the mother of the girl coming forward because she believed something was going on and they apparently found enough evidence to pursue charges, then after he was arrested the girl told the police that this has been going on for over a year and that he threatened her about coming forward.  And I believe Husker_Fan is correct, no charges dropped but additional charges added.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2014, 12:49:50 PM »
This is common in these types of cases where a person gets arrested several times with rising charges.  If they can charge someone with 4-5 differnt crimes, separate incidents, they will arrest them 4-5 times on ever increasing charges.  This does a couple of things; publicly disgraces the person being charged and starts swaying the jury pool, and because they need to make multiple bonds to get released they use up there accessible cash meaning they have less available for representation.

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2014, 01:03:23 PM »
Well, at least one good thing has come of all this...Son's of Guns has been cancelled.  That show was garbage.  Side note...Red Jacket Firearms has legally severed ALL ties with will Hayden.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2014, 07:28:06 PM »
...Red Jacket Firearms has legally severed ALL ties with will Hayden.

I'm not going to say he is guilty.  It is odd though that Red Jacket Firearms has posted this on their home page if they do not fervently believe he is guilty.

8/26/2014

Red Jacket Firearms LLC. has initiated and received full legal separation as an entity, from William M. Hayden.

With heavy hearts, we will be continuing to operate and ensure the fulfillment of new customer orders, back orders and to provide support to those affected by these new developments. WE are the Heart and Soul of Red Jacket and will remain steadfast in our committment to quality and our customers, for years to come.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 07:44:52 PM »
I'm not going to say he is guilty.  It is odd though that Red Jacket Firearms has posted this on their home page if they do not fervently believe he is guilty.

8/26/2014

Red Jacket Firearms LLC. has initiated and received full legal separation as an entity, from William M. Hayden.

With heavy hearts, we will be continuing to operate and ensure the fulfillment of new customer orders, back orders and to provide support to those affected by these new developments. WE are the Heart and Soul of Red Jacket and will remain steadfast in our committment to quality and our customers, for years to come.

Fly

Remember that " because they need to make multiple bonds to get released they use up there accessible cash meaning they have less available for representation." info I gave, well Red Jacket is/was having its own financial issues.  This separation could be needed to protect the company, that has several partners, from the financial issues Will is going to have.  It may have also been a buyout that got Will some cash to help with his expenses.

They have orders and dealers of their products that they want to fulfill, they do not want their dealers canceling those orders as well, and if any of those dealers question Will's troubles and what effect it will have on this business relationship with the company, well it gives them cover to truthfully say none.  I see this as the same business decision as the one the production company made in cancelling the show, you can not plan on doing business with this involved.

As to his innocents or guilt, I don't buy into the press but I also don't know any of the facts.  The legal case will work it's way out.  For the sake of the little girl involved I truly hope this is all false.  I know it would be devastating to have your father falsely accused of something like this but I think that would need to be better than the alternative once it gets to this point.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 08:44:05 PM »
IIRC his older daughter has now come out stating he abused her as well.

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2014, 10:56:02 PM »
IIRC his older daughter has now come out stating he abused her as well.

And what is the source of this allegation?

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 12:51:42 AM »
And what is the source of this allegation?

I was wrong...his oldest daughter's husband posted something on his facebook page about how he'd abused her.

At this point, who knows.  It doesn't look good for him, but knowing how the media twists a story I wouldn't be surprised if we're not getting the whole truth.

Offline RedDot

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »
Just out of curiosity, since RJFirearms has severed all ties with him, who IS RJF without him? CEO Joe? The daughter and her squishy-face d!psh*t husband?  Bet a final follow-up show would draw some ratings... 8)

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2014, 09:22:09 AM »
Well, Im the one that posted the original story.  I only posted the charges.  I am a firm believer in watching what the other hand is doing. 

My first thought was:  Did the daughter and her jackass husband fake this all up to get the business all to themselves without dad?

No way to know.  There is enough dysfunction in this family to last for generations.  I know that this is TV.  I know hollywierd thinks that there has to be controversy EVERY MINUTE of each episode or they believe no one will watch.  I know faked controversy can lead to real life controversy and destroy families - (see orange county choppers).  I know you cant believe 10% of what you read on the internet.  Still, the real life drama playing out will end up being more fascinating than the made for tv drama.

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.