< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Something VERY suspicious going on....  (Read 4355 times)

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
Something VERY suspicious going on....
« on: October 01, 2009, 08:10:14 PM »
in Montana, of all places. http://michellemalkin.com/2009/09/30/whats-happening-in-hardin-montana/
and here: http://www.infowars.com/hardin-montana-under-siege/

There are some silly youtubes about Russian troops there forcing the citizens to take 'flu shots' full of nano tech mind control blah blah blah- but it appears that they are setting the stage for the new Gitmo on US soil with PRIVATE security. Does that strike anyone else as odd/scary/illegal? I am very skeptical of conspiracy theories (Yes- Oswald shot JFK,we landed on the moon and 9/11 was Bin Laden) but sheesh- BHO is starting to make me wonder.   
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Something VERY suspicious going on....
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:15:59 PM »
I'm not a fan of BHO either, but I don't think it's related to him.

I got this link (http://www.flatheadbeacon.com/articles/article/hardin_jail_entrepreneur_has_checkered_past/13310/) from The War On Guns blog (http://waronguns.blogspot.com/). Looks like the guy is a scam artist.

It'll be interesting to see what the truth is though.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:26:57 PM »
There are a LOT of stories on this whole crazy situation in the Billings Gazette, this is one of the newest developments:

http://www.billingsgazette.com/news/state-and-regional/montana/article_84e05838-aee4-11de-8041-001cc4c002e0.html

Montana attorney general to investigate APF

Albert Peterson with the Two Rivers Authority in Hardin, MT, stands outside an empty jail the city built for $27 million, on Friday, September 24, 2009. The authority wants a California security company, American Police Force, to take over the facility. (AP Photo)

HELENA - Montana Attorney General Steve Bullock launched an investigation Thursday into American Police Force, the California company founded by a Serbian immigrant with a lengthy criminal history that is seeking to run an empty, 464-bed jail in Hardin.

Bullock sent a nine-page demand letter late Thursday afternoon to Becky Shay, the spokeswoman for APF and the company's only Montana employee.

Shay did not immediately respond to phone calls Thursday.

According to the document, Bullock is launching the civil investigation into APF over concerns that the company might be violating the Montana Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Act.

Among other things, Bullock demanded that the company provide proof for many statements about the company included on APF's Web site. The site says that the company frequently has contracts with the U.S. government and has operations in all 50 states.

Research into the company has turned up no record of APF contracting with the federal government. Bullock has requested that the company provide proof of its federal contracts and operations in other states.

Bullock also requested a copy of the contract between APF and Two Rivers Authority, the economic development arm of the city of Hardin, which built the jail two years ago.

The contract is reportedly a 10-year, multimillion-dollar deal with APF to run the jail.

Although Michael Hilton, the man behind APF, and local officials say the deal is as good as done, US Bank, the trustee for the bonds sold to build the jail, has never signed off on it.

Bullock further requested that the company disclose any lawsuits filed against the company or Hilton and provide the state with any correspondence between APF and any government agency that has accused the company of being deceptive.

Bullock also sent a letter Thursday to Gary Arneson and Al Peterson, leaders of Two Rivers Authority. Peterson could not be reached for comment Thursday.

Both letters were sent the day after The Billings Gazette and Associated Press reported that Hilton has an extensive criminal past with $1.1 million in outstanding civil judgments against him. Hilton, who has a long list of aliases, left his native Serbia in the 1970s and has served time in U.S. prisons.

Hilton uses the military title "captain," but said this week it does not refer to an actual military rank. Hilton has claimed he has military experience, but no record of such experience has been found.

Also on Thursday, Montana's three-man congressional delegation all said they have questions about APF, even as they support Hardin's efforts to drum up jobs for its people.

"Like many Montanans, Max is keeping an eye on the situation in Hardin," said Ty Matsdorf, a spokesman for Sen. Max Baucus, D-Mont.

Aaron Murphy, a spokesman for Sen. Jon Tester, also a Democrat, said Tester has "a lot of questions" about APF. "Hardin and all of Montana need to benefit from whatever's in store for the Two Rivers jail."

A spokesman for Rep. Denny Rehberg, a Republican, said "important questions need to be answered," and added "any deal that creates jobs and economic prosperity without putting Montanans at risk is something Denny would support in any way he can."

Rehberg in May wrote a letter to state officials urging Montana to consider placing its own inmates at the jail if the state needed more prison cells.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 09:31:06 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:46:55 PM »
Montana folks have a way of dealing with scoundrals.......
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 09:52:45 PM »
Montana folks have a way of dealing with scoundrals.......

Yup  

S
S
S

;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 10:34:24 PM »
wonder if that one of those stand for shovel?
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2009, 06:17:51 AM »
wonder if that one of those stand for shovel?

;D  >:D

Offline DanClrk51

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2009, 04:50:45 AM »
I'm with you on this one Hardwood83. This definitely is a scary matter. I do not like the idea of private security running jails EVER. And I really don't like the name of the company at all. I also don't think private security should take over the role of the public police. This sounds too much like the brownshirts militia's that Hitler used to scare people into a corner with. And I work in the security field. Security personnel do not have powers greater than any ordinary citizen, and that should stay that way. We don't need to worry about the feds, public police, and then a bunch of private police bullies as well.

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2009, 11:27:24 AM »
Reminds me of Jericho the tv show?

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2009, 09:30:30 PM »
Right from their web site.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 09:46:27 AM »
P I T I F U L, just embarrassing. I suppose they thought 'We have German guns it has to be cool!'  But the Austro-Hungarian Crest....the black jean jacket with the shiny brass snaps.....the fingerless gloves from 1982.....too much to mock. If I was one of those dorks I'd wear a mask too. 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2009, 09:55:35 AM »
OK, I'm a glutton for punishment. I just went to the website http://www.americanpolicegroup.com/american_police_force_about.html
that guy is holding (I am pretty certain) an AIRSOFT glock and he's grabbing his wrist like Sabrina on Charlie's Angels used to.

I wouldn't hire these guys to walk my dog, let alone for 'Investigative Services' or 'VIP Security'. Too cheesy to believe.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 11:49:23 AM »
I like the Lawrence of Arabia theme song playing in the background.

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 12:13:12 PM »
Looks like something that would come from one of Rick's websites, it wreaks of prison love.
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2009, 02:51:50 PM »
"? Let us reflect upon the fact that a man who covers his face shows reason to be ashamed of what he is doing. A man who takes it upon himself to shed blood while concealing his identity is a revolting perversion of the warrior ethic. It has long been my conviction that a masked man with a gun is a target. I see no reason to change that view."   - Jeff Cooper
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2009, 03:19:22 PM »
I like that quote I had never heard that one.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline WarHorse1961

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2009, 05:54:39 PM »
Funny. Not that I'm THAT old, but I remember when it was the BAD guys who wore masks. Well, I guess in this case, that fits.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2009, 06:38:52 PM »
There are always exceptions to every rule....  ;)

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2009, 06:54:38 PM »
I guess there's also Zorro, Batman, Superman etc. But they are all exceptionsto the rule.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2009, 06:56:47 PM »
I guess there's also Zorro, Batman, Superman etc. But they are all exceptionsto the rule.

Yeah, but they didn't have chrome six-shooters!   ;D