< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 9-11 anaversary  (Read 1432 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
9-11 anaversary
« on: September 10, 2014, 05:37:23 PM »
  boy I cant spell, but 13 years ago 9-11 happened,

what do you  think will happen tomorrow, If anything?

I read one news story that the terrs, have threatened sparklefarts home town, Chicago,, I wonder if I can donate to help them with that?
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: 9-11 anaversary
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2014, 06:37:39 PM »
The question in my mind is this...If there was a terror attack in Chicago, how would we tell the difference from a normal day?
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2014, 07:07:01 PM »
The question in my mind is this...If there was a terror attack in Chicago, how would we tell the difference from a normal day?

Less crime?
 NRA Endowment member

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2014, 11:24:16 PM »
 Im watching a show on National Geografic channel,    really making me sad, but also very angry. I know exactly where I was that whole day. was home sick on the couch, watched it all day,
 NRA Endowment member

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2014, 08:42:44 AM »
For us, September is always a good reminder to focus on “preparedness”.  Not in the sense of some Mad Max post-apocalyptic fantasy, but in the very real sense that bad things like tornados do occasionally happen and it’s usually the first 3-4 days that really matter.  That’s when you’re truly “on your own”; even the most well-intentioned disaster response always seems to take a few days to mobilize.

The website www.ready.gov has a lot of great printable resources and one-pagers on various emergencies from the likely (tornado) to the most fantastical.  It has good lists of supplies needed for shelter-in-place situations, evacuation situations, etc.   My son and I used this to made a tabbed binder labeled “emergency”.  It’s broken out by situation, complete with pictures and instructions that everyone can understand, like how to turn the gas off to the house if there’s a leak after a tornado or earthquake.  The list of supplies that have a limited shelf life are synchronized with google calendar reminders based on expiration dates. 

I think this also qualified the boy for a cub scout pin or belt loop, too.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2014, 08:52:04 AM »
This time of year, going through November 22nd I go into education mode and immerse myself in the documentaries of these two terrible tragedies. 

911 has a few hundred good documentaries that go into details of that event.  A very good one, with no political ajenda is 911 The First 24 Hours.   No  narration, just raw video footage.  Watch it twice, first time to get an overview and a second time with your Sherlock Holmes hat on.  Clues are in that video, that show clearly to anyone wanting the facts of that day, what exactly took place. 

We are encouraged to never forget.  That is fine, but never forget what exactly?   Never forget the mob mentality the media and government encourages from the events of that day?   Pass.  I see 911 for what it was.  It was an attack on my liberty.  And the attackers did not attend Cessna flight school to pull off the Patriot Act.

This video shows a few minutes of the video. 

WTC: The First 24 Hours - extended version, 1 of 3:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 09:01:26 AM by Gary »

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2014, 09:03:02 AM »
boy I cant spell[/], but 13 years ago 9-11 happened,

what do you  think will happen tomorrow, If anything?

I read one news story that the terrs, have threatened sparklefarts home town, Chicago,, I wonder if I can donate to help them with that?

Im watching a show on National Geografic channel,    really making me sad, but also very angry. I know exactly where I was that whole day. was home sick on the couch, watched it all day,

So what you are saying Shooter, is that you didn't win any spelling bee's when you were in school?

Extremely sad that happened.  I was at work when the towers fell.  Watched it on TV in the conf. room.  They closed the company for the day. 

Got tired of watching the media, so mowed the yard, saw the 2 fighters scream by (said WTF is this all about) then saw Air Force 1 go into final approach to Offutt.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2014, 09:11:18 AM »
Warren B just happened to be in a meeting underground at SAC when Bush landed in Bellevue.  Life has no coincidences.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2014, 10:01:49 AM »
Warren B just happened to be in a meeting underground at SAC when Bush landed in Bellevue.  Life has no coincidences.

I didn't know that.  don't surprise me though.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2014, 10:47:07 AM »
I was staying at a hotel in Fairfax, VA that morning.  We were not far from the Pentagon and could see the smoke. 

I’ll always remember how – within an hour or two – the hotel had letters under every door, explaining that a chapel had been set up in one of the conference rooms, and also that guests could stay in their rooms as many days as they needed since air-travel was obviously in chaos for the foreseeable future.

On the next morning I called Hertz rent-a-car and got an operator on the first ring.  I explained that I had been booked to fly back to Nebraska and was stuck, and could I please drive my rental car cross-country.  I was expecting a significant “one way” rental charge like the rental companies usually apply, but the lady said, “Sir, you can keep that car as long as you need it and return it anywhere in the US or Canada at the local rate.  Just call us every few days to let us know your status and if you need it longer.”

Those may have been small gestures in the grand scheme, but those two things always stuck with me as examples of good, executive-level leadership at a time of chaos.  It impressed me now quickly two very large corporations were able to empower their ground-level employees to make significant decisions with wide-ranging financial effects.  Government and military should frequently take lessons on efficiency from the private sector.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 03:51:15 PM »
Found a nice little article, that pretty much sums up the issues of the day.

The last 4 paragraghs are spot on.

http://www.roboliveauthor.com/news/tolerance-on-911
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2014, 09:22:28 AM »
A Republican in congress is pushing for a 28 page report about 911 to be unclassified.  Bush classified the report top secret and locked it away.  Some in congress have seen this report, and it sheds new light on the events.  What does it say? That is the big question.  People that have read the 28 page report say it would be damaging to the Bush administration and spark a new investigation.

The link is J Ventura.  Never mind him, the congressman is reaching out to any audience that will listen. Mainstream media is trying to squelch this story. 

Watch this video, then call your congressman and push to get this document unclassified.  We need to learn the truth about 911

Rep. Walter Jones Uncovers 9/11 | Jesse Ventura O…:

« Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 09:29:49 AM by Gary »