< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ENPS: The ZOMBIES ARE COMING! (On October 26th....)  (Read 4948 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
ENPS: The ZOMBIES ARE COMING! (On October 26th....)
« on: September 14, 2014, 12:27:37 PM »
You've got two months to prepare.  And then...THE ZOMBIES ARE COMING.

This year, we'll have divisions for Centerfire Iron Pistol, Centerfire Open Pistol, .22 Pistol, .22 Rifle, and Pistol-Caliber Centerfire Rifle.

For information, go to the website at:  http://precisionresponse.4t.com/Zombie1/ZombieMatch.html

It has general match info, divisions, rules, scoring---and eventually we'll have stages up there for you to look at.  If you know you are going to be able to shoot the match, pre-register online through Practiscore (link is on the website).  It'll make our registration MUCH faster at the match.  Once we get (and accept) your registration, we'll clear you to squad yourself.  As time progresses, we might be able to fit some people in on Saturday when the staff shoots, so if you absolutely can't shoot the match any other time, send us an email and we'll see if we can get you in on Saturday.  (We can only fit a couple of extra people, though, so please only ask if you absolutely have no other choice.)

If you are on Facebook, like our page at:
http://www.facebook.com/ENPSZombieMatch

...to get updates, pictures, and (ahem) helpful hints for match success.

So you don't get eaten by zombies.

(If you are a USPSA RO or CRO and I haven't sent you an email yet, drop me a message because we use help staffing the match...)

Here's what attendance has looked like in the past four years:
  • 2010:  55 shooters
  • 2011:  89 shooters
  • 2012:  102 shooters
  • 2013:  118 shooters
  • 2014:  ...??

...so let's get out there and SHOOT!

We'd like to beat last year's record.  Cost is only $20 or a new-in-the-box toy---and everything goes to the Marine Toys-For-Tots Foundation.  We aren't keeping any of it---ENPS is donating the equipment, and the match staff are donating their time.  It's a worthy cause, folks.  (And feel free to donate MORE.  Last year we ended up being able to donate almost $1500 and 3 HUGE boxes of toys.)

Pre-register for the match, and practice those headshots!
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: ENPS: The ZOMBIES ARE COMING! (On October 26th....)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 11:36:12 PM »
I attended this event last year. It was a fun time and a great cause.
The Marines that were there seemed genuinely impressed with the turnout and the contributions.
I am working on freeing up that day on my schedule, and encourage anyone thinking about it, to give it a try.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 09:18:25 AM »
Thought I'd add a direct link to the Practiscore pre-registration page:

https://clubs.practiscore.com/enps-annual-toys-for-tots-charity-zombie-match-v/register

Remember---if you pre-register, once the registration gets approved you'll get an email allowed you to squad yourself--and that way you can shoot with your 14 favorite friends.  (Hm, there's an idea---should we have a "Best Zombie Shooter Squad" competition?  Highest average match percentage finish in the combined results by squad?  That would take a bit of extra spreadsheet work, but I think I could do that....)  Give us a bit to get your registration approved, by the way--we don't just sit at the computer waiting for registrations.  :)

If you show up on match day and register, we'll get you in to shoot---but you won't be able to pick your squad (or the people you get to shoot with), we'll simply be fitting you in wherever we have space. 

Pre-registering helps us a lot---it allows us to get a LOT of the match details done before match day, which means a lot fewer headaches for everyone.

(Remember---if you pre-register, you STILL need to show up and check in on match day prior to 8:30.  You just get to use the FAST lane at registration.  :) )

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 10:13:11 AM »
Forgive my ignorance Thomas, ....  on the practiscore registration it only allows entry into one division.  Do I complete one for each division?  Does each entry cost $20?

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 11:43:48 AM »
Forgive my ignorance Thomas, ....  on the practiscore registration it only allows entry into one division.  Do I complete one for each division?  Does each entry cost $20?

You only get to shoot one division.  :) 

The match has 7 stages, and with an expected competitor count of over 100 people, there won't be time to run you twice (just like any other large major match).

The only people who have the option to shoot more than one division are those few people who volunteer and are selected as match setup staff.  Those folks help build all the stages on Friday and Saturday, and shoot with the staff on Saturday.  If they choose to do so, with a donation they can shoot an additional division on Sunday with the rest of the competitors.  (Note:  regular match staff doesn't get this option, because they'll be running stages all day Sunday.)

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 01:25:12 PM »
Got it ..

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 04:59:00 PM »
Dam, I just got my work schedule and I'm working that weekend. This match sounded fun.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 05:12:39 PM »
Dam, I just got my work schedule and I'm working that weekend. This match sounded fun.

It IS! Mike, may I say, you are not looking well at all.  I do think you might be ill that weekend.  Nudge, nudge...wink, wink.  ;)

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 05:47:45 PM »
Will there be T-shirts this year??

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 05:51:08 PM »
Will there be T-shirts this year??

Not this year.  We are hoping to get online payment set up for next year's matches, and if so, we'll probably add the t-shirts back.  However, they were a significant pain last year, and didn't add much to our donations for the level of aggravation.  :/

So, not this year. 

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 08:40:09 PM »
No purple zombie shirts? :o  OMG

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2014, 09:00:37 AM »

You know you want to...

http://precisionresponse.4t.com/Zombie1/ZombieMatch.html

(and pre-register online using the Practiscore link given)

Offline camus

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 09:36:04 PM »
I will be dusting off my gear for this, always a great match.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 10:49:06 AM »
I think I might finally be able to make one of these.

Will the zombies have Ebola?

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 11:09:38 AM »
I think I might finally be able to make one of these.

Will the zombies have Ebola?
Just the infected

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 05:38:12 PM »
This is why we have the Zombie Match, folks.

Seriously.  This is what it is all about.  What with all the jokes about zombies and shooting---in the end, the _whole reason_ we do this is to help the Marines give a little happiness to kids who simply wouldn't have any at Christmas.

Truthfully---even if you don't shoot, feel free to come out on match day and donate.  And laugh at us and our shooting.  If you do shoot, c'mon out and have fun!

But---the point of this is to see how much we can GIVE.  Donate $20 or a new-in-the-box toy.  Feel free to donate more.  We don't keep any of it, and we take NONE of it to pay for anything.  EVERYTHING goes to the Marines.  The staff and ENGC donates everything the match needs to run---time, money, equipment, consumables.  EVERYTHING you give goes to kids who really need something good to happen to them for once.

http://precisionresponse.4t.com/Zombie1/ZombieMatch.html

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 07:01:42 PM »
OK, I'm definitely signing up for this.  Problem is, I REALLY want to shoot my SBR .22 in rimfire open, but it's been a little wonky and unreliable.  If I can't get it running reliably by the match date can I switch divisions?

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »
OK, I'm definitely signing up for this.  Problem is, I REALLY want to shoot my SBR .22 in rimfire open, but it's been a little wonky and unreliable.  If I can't get it running reliably by the match date can I switch divisions?
Pretty sure you can.  Just let them know the morning of the match.  This is just a fun match.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 08:27:53 PM »
I'm almost afraid to ask... will there be Zombie Peeps? 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2014, 09:30:20 PM »
There will not be Zombie Peeps.  This year.  (The stages will probably be posted before the end of this weekend.  How are you guys with pistol crossbows?   ;D  )

At the moment, our list of pre-registered shooters is quite a bit smaller than last year's list.  :(  We don't want that---we want to be able to donate LOTS to the kids. 

If you plan on shooting, PLEASE pre-register for the match (it makes our job much easier) and talk your friends into shooting it, too.

Do you know how cool it was to see the looks on the Marine's faces when we gave them $1500 and a number of huge boxes of toys?  Do you know HOW MANY KIDS got something that Christmas because we did this?

If you've got friends that are shooters, please invite them.  If you are part of a group of shooters, tell them about it.  I just posted to the Nebraska Carry folks, and The Well-Armed Woman chapters in Omaha and Lincoln, plus the Facebook page for the Eastern Nebraska Gun Club.  Anyone else come to mind?    Please spread the word!