< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Ruger GP 100  (Read 2455 times)

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
Ruger GP 100
« on: January 19, 2008, 09:30:07 PM »

This was my first revolver. Great gun for a reasonable price!!! The S&W's are great guns, but overpriced compared to the Ruger's.

This GP 100 is like a tank! The only downside compared to the S&W is a very heavy poor trigger.

For a good value, first time revolver owner I would recommend the Ruger GP 100 over any thing.

.357 magnum / .38 special

"L" frame 6 shot

Offline JimP

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Ruger GP 100
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 12:28:38 PM »
When shopping for my first revolver, I came to the very same conclusion (well, almost the same- I like blued steel better than stainless. I KNOW it stains less, and wears better. I just like blued guns.) Then, I went to buy it, there, right next to it was a Colt Trooper, NIB, for $25 less than what they wanted for the (used) Ruger. The box was worn, but the gun inside was as pristine  as the day it was made. That was a no brainer.
The Right to Keep and BEAR Arms is enshrined explicitly in both our State and Federal Constitutions, yet most of us are afraid to actually excercise that Right, for very good reason: there is a good chance of being arrested........ and  THAT is a damned shame.  III.