< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: US Senate Race  (Read 3572 times)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
Re: US Senate Race
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2014, 04:51:29 PM »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2014, 05:53:14 PM »
That's the dilemma we are always facing.  The lessor of two evils.  A Far Left Democrat or Left Republican.
I believe it is a false choice.  That's how we lost the 2nd Amendment.  The Dems took it three steps to the Left and the Repub drew it back two.  The net result is still infringement.  3,2,3,3,3,2 and finally we'll end  up  with repeal.

I tend to agree with most of your points in this thread- but not this particular one. I'm no fan of RINO's and compromise, but it seems to me that the way we got in our current situation is by waiting for the perfect candidate to arrive. Unsuprisingly they never show and instead we end up getting...well what we got. 'They're all same' is a cop out. Romney was weak sauce- at best- but was orders of magnitude better than the disgraceful vermin that is currently in the presidency. Lesser of two evils sucks, but is often just that- LESS. Rather cut off your little finger or your head?
Voting for the lessor of two evils is how our current Republican Congress got elected and that is not working out too well for us.  I'd just as soon vote for a true Conservative and lose. 

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2014, 06:33:15 PM »
Either way if you put in Nebraska push submit, Domina gets a F for fabulous.
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2014, 07:01:53 PM »
Lets just all make sure to vote, im sure there is no question for us who the correct candidates are.  If you can't make it out you have time for an absentee ballot.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2014, 07:12:43 PM »
Got my early voting ballot in the mail the other day. Still kinda of a question mark on Nebraska Legislature District 44. It would be easy if Senator Christensen wasn't terming out.

Steve Stroup Conservative Republican pro 2a.
Dan Hughes Conservative Republican pro 2a.

Might have to do some more research.

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2014, 07:16:56 PM »
Got my early voting ballot in the mail the other day. Still kinda of a question mark on Nebraska Legislature District 44. It would be easy if Senator Christensen wasn't terming out.

Steve Stroup Conservative Republican pro 2a.
Dan Hughes Conservative Republican pro 2a.

Might have to do some more research.

Should put together a list of all pro 2a, the good guys, so incase there is any question it can be looked up.  I say any advantage we can get helps the overall direction of the country, and Nebraska.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2014, 08:26:33 PM »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2014, 09:04:30 PM »
This thread is very helpful. We're going to vote absentee / early this year just because it's so much nicer to take your time and do your research as you're sitting there with the actual ballet in hand.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 08:38:33 PM by feralcatkillr »
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2014, 08:34:29 AM »
I see a lot of "4" as a response.  But didn't see an index of responses.  What does 4 mean?

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2014, 08:58:22 AM »
Candidates rated their answer on a 5 point scale; a 1 was I would oppose this legislation, 3 was neither opposed or supportive and 5 was I would introduce this legislation.  So a 4 would be someone who would be supportive of the effort but not comfortable enough to introduce and push for passage of that type of legislation.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2014, 11:22:19 AM »
Thanks AA.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2014, 12:06:14 PM »
http://www.hannity.com/articles/shows-472046/radio-show-recap-oct-28th-12909835

Dave Domina calls Hannity's  radio show yesterday, and gets called ignorant several times. Quite entertaining! 

At or about 17:42.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 02:45:13 PM by farmerbob »

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2014, 01:48:37 PM »
Any insight on the Papillion or really any Judges?  Been doing some research and can't find anything about them being pro 2A.

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2014, 06:33:19 PM »
Any insight on the Papillion or really any Judges?  Been doing some research and can't find anything about them being pro 2A.

Papillion for Mayor has to be David Black!
Most other races are uncontested except SchoolBoard and don't know their 2A position (sorry)
Judges - haven't researched yet.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2014, 08:42:06 AM »
No matter how bad the Senatorial candidate chosen by the Republicans might be, he will still be part of what will hopefully be a Republican majority that puts loyal Americans in charge of he Senate instead of the traitor Reid and his cronies like Schumer.  At least Republicans make an attempt to have the appearance of loyal Americans, unlike their Democrat opponents, so at least there is a difference in the rate at which we lose our freedom.  Some say faster is better because of the boiling frog concept but I'd still rather slow the decline, in the hope that maybe a change for the better might be made if enough Americans wake up.

As it is now the most serious threat the American Republic faces is Obama.  If both houses of Congress are controlled by Republicans, that threat will be reduced. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2014, 09:01:50 AM »

As it is now the most serious threat the American Republic faces is Obama.  If both houses of Congress are controlled by Republicans, that threat will be reduced. 

The most serious threat statement has been made the last couple of elections.  Sure wish I could share your optimism, but since the President don't follow the constitution anyway, he'll just circumvent the senate/house by any means possible.  Through Executive Order or whatever.  Remember he has a pen and a phone.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2014, 09:47:15 AM »
The most serious threat statement has been made the last couple of elections.  Sure wish I could share your optimism, but since the President don't follow the constitution anyway, he'll just circumvent the senate/house by any means possible.  Through Executive Order or whatever.  Remember he has a pen and a phone.
My optimism is not quite what it might seem to be my friend; I just think we should never give up, and the more loyal Americans we can get into the legislative third of government the more hope we have.  I would focus more attention on countering the big lie campaigns of the liberal press, because they are what make Obama's phone and pen the effective weapons they are in his war on the Republic. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2014, 11:05:45 AM »
My optimism is not quite what it might seem to be my friend; I just think we should never give up, and the more loyal Americans we can get into the legislative third of government the more hope we have.  I would focus more attention on countering the big lie campaigns of the liberal press, because they are what make Obama's phone and pen the effective weapons they are in his war on the Republic. 

That is exactly why I vote every election.  Hope we get more than 40% turnout.  That's really a shame.

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2014, 07:25:12 PM »
Heard sometime in the last day or 2, that Ashford has a 5% + - lead.
Need to get everyone to the polls.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2014, 10:51:31 PM »
Heard sometime in the last day or 2, that Ashford has a 5% + - lead.
Need to get everyone to the polls.

Just saw a new poll from today and it had Brad leading by less than 1 point, and Sarpy County was under polled.  Too close to call but yes we all need to get out and vote, and since it's Halloween, we need to be like the Chicogo Dems and dig up some relatives to vote as well.