< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: CZ nuts?  (Read 1839 times)

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
CZ nuts?
« on: October 02, 2009, 07:46:22 PM »
Are there any other die hard CZ fans out there?
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly; now that...is very hard to do."

- Bruce Lee

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
Re: CZ nuts?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2009, 08:25:09 PM »
I like to celebrate "Diversity"   ;)

I wish I had more than just 3 of these.  I'm on the lookout for a SP-01 Tactical.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:27:05 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2009, 08:42:10 PM »
Sweet poster! I'm pretty sure my next purchase is going to be a CZ PCR. It just ticks me off that they don't make that model in nickel. After the PCR I'll probably get a RAMI or one of their .308 rifles. Decisions, decisions. Do you see many CZs around at gun shows locally?
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly; now that...is very hard to do."

- Bruce Lee

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 08:50:55 PM »
Gerbigs out of Lincoln usually carries them and is at most shows in this area.  He sells a lot on gunbroker, not sure what his user name is on there.

Used CZ's other than 82's are a pretty rare find.  Most people hold onto them.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:52:01 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
I don't own one, but the ones I've seen and held seem to be very high quality.

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 08:12:40 AM »
I love my CZ's. MY first one was the cz-52, sweet shooter in a weird bottlenecked cartridge. Then when I was initially in the market for a 1911 I found a cz 40p. I love that gun, the only  thing is its a cross breed and mags and holsters are a touch hard to find for it. They are very good quality for the money and have never had a single fof or foe. Although some guys claim they have had some issues but usually not after a rather short break in (typically 100-200 rounds). I bought my cz out of Cabela's in LaVista, but they don't always have them. There is a guy out by Bruno NE that usually has the Rami and a few others. My next purchase is going to be an auto shotgun, I am hoping to find a CZ 712 to hold it and see what I think. The choice is right now down to that or the Benelli M1 Super 90.

The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2009, 03:23:52 PM »
anyone have a skorpion?  likes/dislikes?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Mosin

• NFOA Full Member
  • Go ahead make my day!
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2009, 05:05:27 PM »
I have a Crvena Zastava Mod. 70 in 7.65mm (32 auto) it is a fun gun to shoot.  I have tried to find more mags and have had no luck.  Everyone else have the ppk style model 70.  I have the T33 Tokerev style.  I would by more CZ but they are harder to find.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 01:54:04 PM »
I have a CZ SP-01 as a bedside gun that I also use in action pistol and 3-gun.  I bought it rather than the tactical since the standard can be carried cocked and locked.  In hindsight, I should have gotten the Tactical (i.e. decocker) since my thumb is too short to reach the safety without some hand acrobatics.  Great gun, but feels like a boat anchor.
NRA Life Member.

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 07:12:29 PM »
Yeah, I'm about 99% sure my next purchase is going to be the 75D PCR Compact. I just wish it came in nickel. :-(

- Bruce Lee

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2009, 08:51:31 PM »
CZ's are good pistols...... I own two of them, a CZ40P and a CZ75SA (single action). My 12 year old uses the 75 to shoot in USPSA action pistol competitions..... He loves the feel of that gun... And when dad keeps it clean it works perfect!

Offline LawyerJan

• NFOA Full Member
Kadet
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »
I have a CZ Kadet (75 frame in .22 caliber).  I love the pistol. It is very accurate. Comfortable to hold ergonomic grip. The aim is very natural in my hands, very easy to point and shoot unlike some other handguns.  My only complaint is the slide release is a reach for my thumb though within reach for support hand thumb. The Kadet uses a split slide which takes a little to get used.  I've been using Federals (the bulk box) in my pistol and have had a few stove pipes (maybe one every 150 to 200 rounds) and an occasional failure to fire (but that could be the ammo).  Next box is CCI MiniMag or Stingers we'll see if those make a difference.

I hope to get a CZ in 40 S&W with 4 inch barrel.

I bought the Kadet from Ashley Gerbig earlier this year. He is INGUS on Gunbroker.com (click on "SmartSearch" then in the Search options, click on "Search by Seller").  Today they've only got about 800 listings.  They've been at lots of the gun shows I've been to.  You might be well to call or email him if you're looking for a particular gun at a gun show, I saw them at Fremont but they didn't have the Kadet along.

NRA, USCCA, NFOA