< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: When you Carry do you carry an extra magazine?  (Read 7388 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: When you Carry do you carry an extra magazine?
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2014, 02:47:34 PM »
I find the orientation wording a little alien. Which one do I want to carry on my left side and access with my left hand?

From the website:
"Choosing Carrier Orientation: Choose Strong Side Shooting Hand (carriers will be opposite side) Example: Right-Handed Shooters, choose Right Hand Strong Side Carriers. They are worn on the weak, or left hip."

Basic idea is that they assume you'll carry on your weak side AND access with your weak hand.  (As opposed to cross-drawing your mags.) When ordering, list what your strong side is, and they'll make the choice accordingly.

For you, if you meant that the mag would be placed on your left side and grabbed with your left hand, choose Right Hand Strong Side Carriers.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2014, 02:11:32 PM »
Thanks. That's what I expected, just never seen it phrased as such

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2014, 09:26:30 AM »
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2014, 07:35:13 AM »

From the website:
"Choosing Carrier Orientation: Choose Strong Side Shooting Hand (carriers will be opposite side) Example: Right-Handed Shooters, choose Right Hand Strong Side Carriers. They are worn on the weak, or left hip."

Basic idea is that they assume you'll carry on your weak side AND access with your weak hand.  (As opposed to cross-drawing your mags.) When ordering, list what your strong side is, and they'll make the choice accordingly.

For you, if you meant that the mag would be placed on your left side and grabbed with your left hand, choose Right Hand Strong Side Carriers.

That sounds like something a government lawyer wrote.

What ever happened to "For wear on the left."  ?

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline Ronvandyn

• Pollywog
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2014, 09:32:29 PM »
my carry weapon holds 13 rounds so I don't carry an extra magazine.  Should I carry an extra magazine?  How many rounds do you carry?

Always. 22 for my 40 and 13 for my 9.
NE-CHP Holder, USAF Veteran, NRA Member,  ENGC Member
KC0MXX

Offline mott555

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
I see Ruger's now making a 9-round magazine for the LC9, I need to pick one up and use it for my backup magazine. No need to keep the pistol small and easily concealable if something happens and I've already burned through my main 7-round magazine.