< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Armscor? Rock Island?  (Read 1212 times)

Offline kompulsive

• NFOA Full Member
Armscor? Rock Island?
« on: October 03, 2009, 03:54:55 AM »
Do any you have experience with any of the Armscor Rock Island Armory 1911s? I've heard nothing but good things about them and they're dirt cheap. I think I'm going to play the guinea pig and buy one for the halibut.
"To experience oneself honestly, not lying to oneself, and to express myself honestly; now that...is very hard to do."

- Bruce Lee

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Armscor? Rock Island?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 08:14:33 AM »
I know of 2 guys with the plain jane RIA's they seem to be good guns and the guys like them. They haven't owned them very long but haven't had any problems with them.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 10:12:18 AM »
I have an RIA 4" that I use for my carry gun.  Never had a problem feeding any type ammo, accurate, always goes Bang.  That said it is a heavey piece of steel on the hip when carrying.  For those that like to customize, standard (mil spec) 1911 parts fit.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 02:23:27 PM »
Made in Philipines....

Offline rugermanx

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2009, 02:54:33 PM »
That I did not know.
The U. S. Constitution doesn't guarantee happiness, only the pursuit of it. You have to catch up with it yourself. Benjamin Franklin

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »
I can tell you that the Customer service they were providing was top notch. I haven't been to 1911forums lately, but there was an  RIA  forum with company reps online. They will stand behind their product, but they will only gaurantee the RIA's to feed ball ammo reliably.

http://forums.1911forum.com/  the RIA's are dicussed in the "other 1911's" threads
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Rich B

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 02:07:19 PM »
http://forum.m1911.org/forumdisplay.php?f=17

They have a pretty good reputation.

I have an STI Spartan, which has a frame and slide made my Armscor and is assembled in the Philippines using STI internals.  Final QA is done here in the states by STI.  It's a great pistol but I've had magazine issues.  So far, it works best with Wilson 47Ds and Checkmate extended 8 rounders.  The only thing I've changed are the grips, from checkered wood to black double-diamond checkered rubber. 
NRA Life Member.