< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Pic Of Omaha Headlines Today  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
Re: Pic Of Omaha Headlines Today
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 07:07:19 PM »
Learning to fight is easy.  Get married. Lol

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 09:12:42 PM »
Friends can be unusual people you find in unexpected places. I suspect he appreciated learning to read even more than you appreciated learning to fight.

He probably did.  He loved baseball a lot and wanted to read about Latin players.  In the evenings I first began reading a baseball book to him. After a chapter it occurred to me that it would be better if he learned how to read.  So, during breaks in the day and at evenings I began the process using that book, news papers, comic books, road signs and ads along the highway, labels on building supplies, instructions on equipment.  It never occurred to me until later that fall that he didn't know how to write, either.   When the summer was over he could read at the 2nd or 3rd grade level.  Learning to fight was a lot easier because there was less to learn.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 09:16:46 PM »
Learning to fight is easy.  Get married. Lol

There is a simple behavior that helps avoid marital fighting .... saying "sorry" and  "yes, dear!" as often as you can.   Seriously.   I've been married 52 years.  I wish I had learned that lesson at first instead of 25 years later.

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 12:55:45 AM »
The prosecutor is NOT going to seek the death penalty.    Attempted daylight armed robery in a busy shopping mall where the bad guy shoots the unarmed business owner three times, kills him.    Earlier he robs a bank of 19,000 dollars. 

No death penalty sought.   Wonderful. 

Lets give him conjugal visits in prison with lots of women.  Then the state can pay to raise this guys extended family.   

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2014, 05:58:03 AM »
Lets give him conjugal visits in prison with lots of women.  Then the state can pay to raise this guys extended family.   

We don't allow conjugal visits in this state.  Not even when they get married while they are in prison.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2014, 10:02:04 AM »
We don't allow conjugal visits in this state.  Not even when they get married while they are in prison.

And the crowd goes wild!!!! HOORAH !!!!!! This might be the only thing the Nebraska Prison system does right.   :laugh:
D.R

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2014, 10:46:26 AM »
Technically speaking, he could possess one.  He just couldn't have bought it himself.

Minor detail, though.  Doubtful he got it legally in the first place.

--or does Omaha have an additional requirement that people be 21 to even possess a handgun?  I thought they just had their stupid Open Carry permit and registration nonsense.

Omaha, as we all know, has quirky firearms laws.

By Omaha Municode, any firearm of 26 inches in length or less is "concealable".   Then the code proceeds to regulate all the various aspects--ownership, possession, etc.--of concealable firearms (instead of "concealed").  We all know by now that Nebraska State Statutes govern concealed handguns.

In Omaha, all concealable firearms must be registered with the Omaha Police Department.  The minimum age for concealable firearms registration is 21 years.

Modification to Post:
Sec. 20-198. Sale of firearm to minor; penalty

(a)  It shall be unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise furnish or deliver any firearm, component parts or ammunition to any individual who is known, or there is reason to believe that the individual is less than 18 years of age, and if the firearm, component parts or ammunition is a concealable firearm, to any person who has not reached the age of 21.

sfg

« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 12:13:40 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Gary

• NFOA Full Member
    • Guns 2 Roses
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2014, 12:08:30 PM »
Not yet.  He has a lifetime ahead of him.   Once upon a time, we did not let people out of prison that threatened to kill people, we do now.  Once upon a time we did not supply endless welfare benefits,  where the more kids you make the more money you got.  We do now.  The state hands over our tax dollars to non workers on prepaid credit cards so in a store, their purchase looks like they are spending money just like folks working for a living. No longer a social stigma to be on welfare.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »
No longer a social stigma to be on welfare.

When the State took over benevolence from the churches things went to pot, literally.  Churches, as a rule, were well known  in the community and knew the community well.  They could tell the difference between someone down on the luck and the run of the mill freeloaders.  The freeloaders were shown  the door, those down on the luck were given a helping hand ... to find a job and a place to live, with enough food and clothes to get them there.

When my wife and I were helping at a food bank five or so years ago we noticed that of the 120 or so who regularly showed up each Tuesday for free food about 1/3rd of them were using smartphones my wife and I couldn't afford.  They were driving cars which were 1/2 as old, or less, than our 2002 Saturn SL2.  A couple of them lived less than a block from us in homes that were equal or better than ours (1,800 sq ft, three bdrms, two baths, heat with a candle, cool with an ice cube, etc...) and they wore the latest makeup,  bling and shoes.  And, they had jobs.  At least I'd see them drive to work (or panhandle?) every day.   Several were morbidly obese.  I'd see them at Sams or Walmart pushing carts loaded to the hilt with junk food.  About 1/3rd were obviously in need, based on their physical attrition,  but most of those were Muslims wearing burkas or from former Iron Curtain countries.  The remaining were minorities who didn't appear to be gaudy or poor.

How could you be certain you were not feeding the addiction and not the homeless?