< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Local Elections  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
Local Elections
« on: October 22, 2014, 08:03:09 PM »
Don't loose track of who you elect to local positions.. city councils, mayors, county commissioners, etc.   They can make some minor decisions that impact 2A rights (e.g. is your City Hall marked for no carry or not?... does their Parks/Rec program promote Hunter Safety... etc)    They also have the opportunity to participate in constituent groups that influence state legislators (e.g. Nebraska League of Municipalities or Nebraska Association of County Officials).  So a pro-2A local official can be a friend of NFOA.

If you just happen to live in Papillion, I'll selfishly propose that you vote for current Mayor David Black - NFOA member.   The website is www.MayorBlack.com and a story KETV did is below:
http://www.ketv.com/politics/in-their-own-words/david-black/29050084

(Disclosure - he is me)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 09:43:49 PM by Dave1215 »

Offline kozball

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Local Elections
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 08:23:14 PM »
Good advice from my Mayor.

Think local, cause it all begins where you live.
\"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn\'t pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.\"

Ronald Reagan

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2014, 08:26:29 PM »
Ive got myballot sitting out, need a list of all the good guys.  Would like to mail in tomorrow.

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2014, 08:29:24 PM »
Definitely!  I appreciate you being a active member of this organization.

Living close to Papillion I have been impressed with your leadership & how your city seems to always be developing in a positive way. I have not seen or heard anything that would lead me to believe that Papillion needs a change at mayor.

Good Luck with the election & I have already made sure to talk to my friends & family in Papillion regarding the mayoral race.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2014, 09:10:48 PM »
Also don't forget that todays local politician, is tomorrows State/National candidate.
Weed out the bad apples early and often.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2014, 08:18:39 AM »
Thanks Mayor.

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2014, 08:52:01 AM »
Also don't forget that todays local politician, is tomorrows State/National candidate.
Weed out the bad apples early and often.

Greg58

This

People really need to pay attention to where politicians generally get their start:  in the School Board positions...
seems to be a liberal haven for the last 40 years or so.
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 11:48:55 AM »
Befriend the Dog Catcher or Get them young and bring them up right.

I know that a trip to Lincoln during the session is hard and costly for many in todays economy but, consider the following;

Politicians in their early stages are easily accessible. In local elections when they have their meet & greets all you have to do is show up and they will find you. Most politicians don't wake up one morning and decide that they want to run for state senate, attorney general or governor. Like has been previously said they start with the school board, city council etc.. getting their name out there before the big run. Steps on a ladder.

If you work diligently in your local elections the folks that end up in the capital can be good solid Constitutional candidates. Be prepared to ask one well thought out question on the subject you are passionate about. Gage their answer. If it is not to your liking determine if they would meet with you sometime to discuss it in more depth.

If they are not receptive and seem set in their ways their opponent will be having a meet & greet too.

Work to get the right one elected and cultivate a relationship with them as the move to higher offices. 

If you send the right people to Lincoln from your small far away communities you won't have to spend all that money and take time off work to travel to Lincoln. But you can if you wnt too.
Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2014, 10:02:26 AM »
This

People really need to pay attention to where politicians generally get their start:  in the School Board positions...
seems to be a liberal haven for the last 40 years or so.
If the school boards are lousy with liberals replacing them with loyal Americans should be a top priority among patriots, because indoctrination of our children by the public schools is often given as a reason for young people accepting liberal dogma and electing liberal candidates.  This plus of course the other reasons given.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.